CM7 Help - Evo

DetPas

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am new with this whole rooted and rom thing. I have a rooted evo; and I really like CM7, with the exceptions of the gps and video camera issues.

I understand that there are ways to fix these two issues, but I have no clue.

Can anyone provide me with the dumbed down version on how to fix these issues?

I flashed Fresh, but would really rather run CM7.

Thanks in advance for any help.

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
On XDA and probably here as well, there is an easy step by step manual. Basically, you enter in a code, add your MSL and then the phone reboots. Turn on GPS and launch Google Maps. Next, do a Nandroid back to CM7 and you are good to go. I actually did this using a Fresh ROM.

XCypserX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I've heard about these issues on the 0004 hardware. However, i have 0004 and i've been running CM7 since nightly build #32 and haven't had an issue. It seems to be fixed by now, or... i'm completely wrong and its a different hardware version that's having issues.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen reports that HW0004 camera is working fine in current CM7 nightlies; I'm HW0002 so I can't personally confirm.

Instructions for the GPS fix are here.

I've heard a few people say that you need to add one extra step: After step 5 where your phone reboots, open Maps and allow the GPS to get a fix before you reflash CM7 in step 6. When I applied the fix, I confirmed my GPS was working under Sense after the GPSCLRX, so I can't say that getting the fix was necessary, but it can't possibly hurt.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Try out the nightlie #6 released 2/24/2011, I am using it , and its awesome, espcially with Wimaxx on Cyanogen!!:cool:

DetPas

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I tried nightlie. The camera worked but the gps did not.

I am currently on the road for business, so I ended up just going back to CM6 for now.

I'll work on the suggested fixes when I get home.

Thanks again,

Detpas

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
If you decide to flash back to a Sense ROM to run the GPS fix, make sure you nandroid backup your CM7 ROM. After you run the steps in the Sense ROM, you can then nandroid resotre your CM7 ROM and keep the fix.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you decide to flash back to a Sense ROM to run the GPS fix, make sure you nandroid backup your CM7 ROM. After you run the steps in the Sense ROM, you can then nandroid resotre your CM7 ROM and keep the fix.

ive ben searching and trying to just find instructions on nandroid backup alone and haven't been able to find it. Is there a how to for nandroid backup only?