CM7 Nightly Builds

jordanqkoch

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I always install with a full wipe, cache wipe, dalvik and battery wipe. For some reason after a clean install of the newest nightly, then installing glitch, I get stuck on the cm boot screen. Can you point out which glitch version I should be using? Maybe I'm not using the right one?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I always install with a full wipe, cache wipe, dalvik and battery wipe. For some reason after a clean install of the newest nightly, then installing glitch, I get stuck on the cm boot screen. Can you point out which glitch version I should be using? Maybe I'm not using the right one?

There really isn't a "right" version. It all depends upon your chipset from what I gather and no one knows which phone has which set. Most people use the ML version and I have always gotten good results from LL.

Did you try to install CM7, reboot and then install Glitch?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I thought I was going to have CM7 but for some reason I keep getting an error.... Or maybe I'm just not doing something right. Are there like chatrooms available for real-time help?

Just post here with your issue and someone will be more than willing to help out.

mentatgom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
After not touching my Fascinate at all since loading CommRom 2.1 (PBJ voodoo kernel) months ago, I jumped into CM7.1 nightly 76. I had not touched my phone because I was really happy with CommRom, and didn't like the early GingerBread SD toast stories. Now that I have jumped in though, I am loving CM7.1. The performance is better than CommRom and the UI just really polished and I still have the tweakability. Great job CM team!

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Have they fixed the tethering issue either wirelessly or wired?

I'm still on the original CM7 (no nighties have been flashed). Do I just wipe everything and then reflash the latest nightly to apply?

Thanks, guys.

mentatgom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
may be an odd question, but I went from cm7 back to stock because I was annoyed with the phone volume issue I was having (including speakerphone) and phone activation that would never succeed. Now the issue I have is I can not setup my Exchange work email - connection always fails. So I figured I would try the other roms I had laying around... Corporate email did not work on any of them anymore. So Now I am back on CM7 nightly 80 and Exchange setup no problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Did CM7 jack up something in my phone???

mentatgom

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
may be an odd question, but I went from cm7 back to stock because I was annoyed with the phone volume issue I was having (including speakerphone) and phone activation that would never succeed. Now the issue I have is I can not setup my Exchange work email - connection always fails. So I figured I would try the other roms I had laying around... Corporate email did not work on any of them anymore. So Now I am back on CM7 nightly 80 and Exchange setup no problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Did CM7 jack up something in my phone???

Well I worked out my issue and am back on Stock 2.2.2 with working Exchange email and working phone.
I downloaded the ED05 image from here: [ROM][ODIN][FACTORY][ED05] VzW full factory froyo restore with radio and kernel - xda-developers
I used Odin to install the image and a PIT file. I used the Odin options re-partition, auto reboot, f. reset time. Maybe I'll decide to come back around to CyanogenMOD someday, but if you happen to get screwed, this way worked for fixing me up.

tmar89

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Did a quick search in this thread to see, but didn't find info about the error I'm getting. When I go to install the stable release update-cm-7.1.0-Fascinate-signed.zip through Clockwork Mod 3.0.0.8, I get an assert failed error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "aries" || ... board, build.product, == "aries" or "fascinate" or "SCH-I500"

then I get E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.1.0-Fascinate-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I'm working with SCH-I500, Firmware 2.2.1, EB01... the ODIN Stock Leak Froyo rooted. I also tried ROM Manager, but the same results.

EDIT: Ah, I had Recovery 3.0.0.8 from the ROM Manager. I needed the cwm4 version. Missed that in the posts. Thanks!

Last edited:

sparesr4sissies

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Did a quick search in this thread to see, but didn't find info about the error I'm getting. When I go to install the stable release update-cm-7.1.0-Fascinate-signed.zip through Clockwork Mod 3.0.0.8, I get an assert failed error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "aries" || ... board, build.product, == "aries" or "fascinate" or "SCH-I500"

then I get E:Error in /sdcard/update-cm-7.1.0-Fascinate-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I'm working with SCH-I500, Firmware 2.2.1, EB01... the ODIN Stock Leak Froyo rooted. I also tried ROM Manager, but the same results.
I think the problem may be your version of Clockwork Mod. For CM7 you have to use a different Clockwork fixed for CM7. You can find the link for this over at xda on the post for CM7.
[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (fascinatemtd) pretty-much-official build 11.1 - [07/18/11] - xda-developers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe