Coke spilled on my nexus 4 mobile

Nikhil Vemuganti

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I was watching a movie yesterday night and incidentally spilled coke over my mobile.All apps and phone was working fine but couldn't hear from any caller. I tried soaking in the rice bag through out the night, the speaker phone is working fine but still couldn't get any voice through normal mode . Please help.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, moat of the damage is probably permanent now that the phone has be turned back on. The phone should have remained in rice for at least two days or so. I recommend putting it back in the rice.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Coke and coffee are the two worst things to get on an electronic circuit. They make the board conductive, which is a bad thing especially for digital circuits. Even after it is dried, it will cause problems.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I read else where that there "mught" be some development on a 2nd try in keeping the phone in rice. Keep for 2 or 3 days minimum. And see.

Also, if all fails and the problem persists, take to the company service centers.

Posted via Android Central App

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like it's hosed. Might of been OK if it was water but not sticky soda.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante