Comparing the Thunderbolt to the rest of the 4G Phone Lineup

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I made this handy spreadsheet comparing the Thunderbolt to the rest of the 4G LTE smartphone lineup or vice versa 4 ways! Tell me what you think! SUB-dawg :cool:

I love how you condensed everything and made it easier to see them side by side. I for one would like it if you'd update it and re-post as more info is known about the phones.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I made this handy spreadsheet comparing the Thunderbolt to the rest of the 4G LTE smartphone lineup or vice versa 4 ways!

**Please, please let me know if there is anything I should add to the comparison!!!**

**Please note that the file is a PDF so you will need a PDF viewer to view it.**

Tell me what you think!
SUB-dawg :cool:

We find out on the 13th the specs on the Samsung and hopefully when it comes out...

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks!

Chrisy I remember asking you in another thread but never checked for a response... I thought you were pretty adament about the Bionic and now its the TBolt! I followed you over here from CB... what changed your mind? You CAVED! :p

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
DJBeanPole,
It's getting pretty rough over at CrackBerry these days! They don't like to hear comparisons of BlackBerry to anything.

Anyway, I had a few people ask me the same thing and I replied somewhere but it's probably buried by now.

Coming from a BlackBerry 9630 that I've had 2 years the HTC Thunderbolt is a huge upgrade for me. I'm not coming from a Dinc or EVO or DX. This will be my first Android.

It's not dual core but from what I've been reading the dual core shines for gaming. I'm not a gamer at all. I can wait 2 years to get dual core when there are new ones out. I read on AC that dual core phones won't be able to live up to their potential so to speak for at least another year.

I like the look of Sense UI over blur, the HTC seems to get updates nicely and HTCSense.com support appeals to me. I will root it but I'll never load a custom ROM. I never loaded leaked or unoffical OSs on my BlackBerry. Mainly because I don't have a PC.

Ok, and the TB is releasing before Bionic. I'm just so tired of my BlackBerry!

Bionic looks like a great phone! I just think I'll like the HTC experience better. We'll see!

John_C#AC

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
SUB-dawg,
Nicely laid out chart. You might want to check out the thread and spreadsheet listed below. It's updated as new info is released about the four LTE models.

Link to Android Central thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon/53311-spreadsheet-comparing-verizon-lte-phones.html

Link directly to spreadsheet (from the 1st post in that thread):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...FpyNnRQWTF2RE9IZUxvN3c&hl=en&authkey=CJGY9ucN

I do like the spreadsheet showing physical size of the devices since that is very important to me. But it is a little odd that it was last updated 4 days from now. Top left corner shows last update was on 3/17. :confused:

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Where did you google that out of Wiki?

Well when DDR3 originally came out the CL was over 6+ mostly and I been using CL on DDR2 4555/5556. But since the bandwidth is always higher on extended data bus people did get it regardless, you would not notice the diff with human eyes. Same apply here with SoC's ddr2 it also has 2x bandwidth at almost same latency.

sys_spec.png

sys_mon.png

^ My old IBM i580 BlackSHELF server SS like in 2007.

can we see the image of the pin up on your desk top LOL;)