Confirmed leaked photos + specs

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Got to handle one today, super sexy phone and fingerprint scanner is so much more natural. Leaks are very accurate and have me considering ditching my pixel 2 just not sure I can go back to Samsung UI. If so will probably be exams Exynos in hopes of unlocked bootloader and roms.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Rumors say that the S9+ is the one that's getting the bump on RAM and other stuff.

But overall pretty much on par with Samsung:
With the exception of the S5, it was S1 refreshed to S2, S3 brought change then refined in S4, S6 again brought change and refined in S7, S8 brought another design change then should be refined in S9.
This is why I've decided on the every odd model upgrade cycle.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Got to handle one today, super sexy phone and fingerprint scanner is so much more natural. Leaks are very accurate and have me considering ditching my pixel 2 just not sure I can go back to Samsung UI. If so will probably be exams Exynos in hopes of unlocked bootloader and roms.

You got to handle the S9? Is the finish of the phone glossy, or more matte-looking like in the leaked renders?

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
You got to handle the S9? Is the finish of the phone glossy, or more matte-looking like in the leaked renders?
The black one is still glossy. Was the only that the rep had, didn't get to ask about colors as my time with it was extremely limited. Main thing I played with was camera and it looked amazing even though I was told camera software wasn't final

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The black one is still glossy. Was the only that the rep had, didn't get to ask about colors as my time with it was extremely limited. Main thing I played with was camera and it looked amazing even though I was told camera software wasn't final
How did they get models in when its not released? Interesting. Isnt the release/announcement on feb 25?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
How did they get models in when its not released? Interesting. Isnt the release/announcement on feb 25?
Samsung reps get the new phones before they are released. I have been able to play with unreleased phones in the past. They get one to use as their business phone and for testing and ability to answer questions.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Samsung reps get the new phones before they are released. I have been able to play with unreleased phones in the past. They get one to use as their business phone and for testing and ability to answer questions.
That's awesome. Too bad you couldn't take photos of it. I will definitely check it out when BestBuy gets them in - sometimes they get them a little bit early.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow.. the spec sheet and photo combo is pretty disappointing. Low memory, no push on RAM, body still glass, edges still curved, looks like we still have a bixby button problem, software still broken (knox and ui still shows heavy modification) ... so it's a slightly refined S8 with a 2018 SoC and hopefully we're going to see some camera improvements.

Plus one.

It like S8 minor release 2.0. Not a leap forward.