Confirmed: TouchWiz update on August 3rd

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty jazzed for this. I guess I will take the subway ride down to the Samsung Experience Store to get the update, and maybe even pick up a case if I can.

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
We don't even really need 3.2, do we? It just adds Support for 7 in screens and MicroSD on the Xoom. Right?

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think there are some bug fixes in there as well. I'm sure it's broken down in the Xoom forum.

I'm also pretty sure someone will have the Touchwiz update on the web (probably XDA) for those of us brave enough to install it manually ;)

ptf

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd just rather not have Sammy pour a inch of effort and $$ into a 3.2 update that gets delayed so long that it pushes back ICS.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Im excited! I never really liked touch wiz...but this looks like its going to be a very functional overlay of the UI.
Cant wait! :D

Randy T

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Just a reminder that Galaxy Tablet 10.1 owners have been able to get the Touchwiz update for over two weeks now from bonsai4android.com. And no data loss...

Randy T

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but I think most of us rather get the official update from the manufacture and not a leaked version.

Fair enough. Would love to understand why that is a preference for some. Honest question and market research. I'll start a new thread to get some feedback.

Chorazin

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Nice Samsung, have a huge press event about how great the update is, but make everyone wait a few days to get it even though you obviously have it ready to go.

Lame. I was super excited to get home tonight and play with TouchWiz.

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough. Would love to understand why that is a preference for some. Honest question and market research. I'll start a new thread to get some feedback.

as i understand it the leak still has bugs that the official release might fixed.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Are we sure it's still rootable after this update? I'm waiting to hear from some people that loaded the official OTA.

Randy T

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Are we sure it's still rootable after this update? I'm waiting to hear from some people that loaded the official OTA.

I would be surprised if it is not still rootable. The bootloader update that we received as part of the TW leak includes a modification to ODIN screen that presents a clickthrough warning that installing a custom ROM could be hazardous to your health. So seems they are trending in the direction of more open.

Reactions: BSG75

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yessica8yessica