Confused about upgrade date.

juniorfan

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
So my upgrade is July 9th, but I was recently able to upgrade to the iPhone for 2-yr price (and i used to be eligible to upgrade at a discounted price online).

Now I tried to go to BestBuy and pre-order and they said it would be full retail until July 9. Makes sense I guess.

Call Verizon, as well as try on their site, and they both say full retail.

Doesn't make sense to me. First, I used to have a one year upgrade price, why did that just disapear? And second, I was JUST eligible for 2 yr on an iphone, now a different phone comes out and I can't do it because its not Apple? That's bs.

I have the money to pay full retail, but I obviously do not want to. So I have a question. Could I go and pay off my bills for the next three months to be eligible? Or would they not do that a. bc its crazy and b. bc they cant trust me going over on minutes and stuff.

EDIT: NVM on the bill idea haha. I realize how stupid that is :$.

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Just go to the store tomorrow, its much better to talk face to face with them, my eligible upgrade is 7/17/2011 is what it says next to my phone but if I click DEVICE then under that Upgrade Device it says I can upgrade to a new phone, call around find a nice person to talk to, see if they will waive the $20 before your two year fee and bam..New thunderbolt,.....Unless you have been lazy on paying your bill and they might say ummm no sorry sir

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Just go to the store tomorrow, its much better to talk face to face with them, my eligible upgrade is 7/17/2011 is what it says next to my phone but if I click DEVICE then under that Upgrade Device it says I can upgrade to a new phone, call around find a nice person to talk to, see if they will waive the $20 before your two year fee and bam..New thunderbolt,.....Unless you have been lazy on paying your bill and they might say ummm no sorry sir

See I'm hoping something like that can happen for me. My upgrade date is 4/24, and I've been VERY good about paying my bill on time, every time. I'm getting a car stereo installed Thursday morning and I think I'll head to VZW first and ask them about what they can do for me in terms of bumping the upgrade up early. If they can't do anything, its no big deal. If they can, fantastic! We'll see :)

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is what bought of you should see when you click Device>Upgrade

2wq901g.png

let the page load then you get this...See how mine still has some months

vwsbb7.png

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok well not completely understanding your situation but will pass on what I know. If you did use your "Upgrade" on the iphone you obviously used your LAST Annual or NE2 upgrade being those no longer exsist. How you had your stuff worded just makes me attempt to reponse best I can to help.

Upgrades for 2 year contracts are offered at the 20 month mark so you would of seen a July 9th upgrade roughly around March 9th.

Would be helpful to know if you are currently on a single line plan or family plan? 1 year contact or 2 year or no contact ?

Best Buy can NOT offer upgrades until you have fullfilled your contract they do NOT recongize annual upgrades or NE2 early like VZ does at 20 month mark.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
In reference to gunmetalgr3g that is exactly what you should use to check your eligiblity dates but as I stated Best Buy will not be able to offer you upgrades on annual or NE2 those Verizon only offers.

juniorfan

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok well not completely understanding your situation but will pass on what I know. If you did use your "Upgrade" on the iphone you obviously used your LAST Annual or NE2 upgrade being those no longer exsist. How you had your stuff worded just makes me attempt to reponse best I can to help.

Upgrades for 2 year contracts are offered at the 20 month mark so you would of seen a July 9th upgrade roughly around March 9th.

Would be helpful to know if you are currently on a single line plan or family plan? 1 year contact or 2 year or no contact ?

Best Buy can NOT offer upgrades until you have fullfilled your contract they do NOT recongize annual upgrades or NE2 early like VZ does at 20 month mark.

I'm on a 2 year single line plan (I also have another single line but that's separate). I will post the screen of what I have. Mine used to look like his, now its different.

Up until the iPhone came out I had the discounted price come up. Then I upgraded to the iPhone because I wanted to give it a chance, but decided to stay with Android and wait for the TB so I returned it. I was informed my eligibility for an upgrade would go back to the way it was.

2ywtkx5.png

Last edited:

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy Black Tie protection has no deductible and no needing to argue with SALES reps about why you need your phone sent in for repair. Replacement devices are done in the store in form of BB gift card for full retail value of orginal purchase price and are NEW devices not warranty replacement. Just to name a few and being I just went through the process it was easy and awesomely worth the investment.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you return the phone within 14 days of using the upgrade? If so call Verizon immediately and explain to them what you did and that your upgrade is showing full price currently not a Discounted price.

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a 2 year single line plan (I also have another single line but that's separate). I will post the screen of what I have. Mine used to look like his, now its different.

Up until the iPhone came out I had the discounted price come up. Then I upgraded to the iPhone because I wanted to give it a chance, but decided to stay with Android and wait for the TB so I returned it. I was informed my eligibility for an upgrade would go back to the way it was.

might want to blank out your number or you will have trolls calling you all night

Best Buy Black Tie protection has no deductible and no needing to argue with SALES reps about why you need your phone sent in for repair. Replacement devices are done in the store in form of BB gift card for full retail value of orginal purchase price and are NEW devices not warranty replacement. Just to name a few and being I just went through the process it was easy and awesomely worth the investment.

That sounds like a damn good option...

Last edited:

juniorfan

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Well that upgrade looks eligible but it's nearly exactly like mine where you can use it with Verizon but not Best Buy.

Yea, I figured as much. But how do I make Verizon realize that? The lady I spoke to said it was a glitch I was able to upgrade to the iPhone and you can only upgrade a week before your contracts up.

juniorfan

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
might want to blank out your number or you will have trolls calling you all night

That sounds like a damn good option...

Haha, I'm working wayyyy to quickly because Verizon (and Toshiba on the laptop end) are ticking me off. I'm not worried bout it but I'll edit it real quick haha.

EDIT: PS: take the pic out of your quote please? haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582