Connectivity issues on Pie?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
So my T-Mobile branded LG V30 just recently got the Android Pie update. I have been having ridiculous connectivity issues with both cell service and wifi, but mostly wifi.

I had tried several other devices in the past six months such as the S9 + and LG G8, both running on Pie and both also had connectivity issues as well. Either with service or wifi, or both. Not entirely sure which version of pie though.

Is this a real thing? Am I seeing a pattern here? Why does it seem like every time I have a device with pie on it my service goes to crap? The other devices came preloaded with it. I don't believe it's T-Mobile as like I said, I've never had any of these issues on my V30 before downloading pie and usually get service in the same places I've always had with no issues.

I am currently using Pie Security Patch Aug 1 2019.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
My ATT branded V30 is now running Android 9.0 with Sept security patch.
My connectivity is the same/good as it was in Android 8.
The signal strength at my house is 2-3 bars, usually have wifi calling turned on.
I cannot say for sure, but after the updated to 9.0, wifi signals seem a little more sensitive to blockage by walls and stuff.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
@gray2018 Would you like me to move your thread to the LG V30 forum?

It sounds like this is something device-specific, since it relates to the OS upgrade on the V30, rather than anything related to devices already running Pie out of the box.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Yes this is what I have noticed. And of course, a lot of the places that I use wifi are because I have to and there is no cell service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29