Contact sync problem with phone app

Toeduster

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I use Galaxy S10 phone app as convenient access to my contacts. When I open the phone app I have 3 choices: keypad, recent & contacts. I've just discovered that the contacts in the phone app are not syncing with my Google contacts (primary) or the Samsung contacts (don't use but it's populated) I just created a new contact in Google contacts on my tablet. Checked my phone and it's in both the Google and Samsung contacts but not the phone app contacts. I go to setting in phone app and do a manual sync to my Google account - still does not appear.

In Google contacts I have x93 contacts, Samsung contacts show x91 contacts, and the phone app shows x05 contacts (x is the hundreds number I didn't want to use)

My phone is an up to date S10 running android 12. One U1 4.1. Phone app is version 13.1.22.30

Thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, select the Phone app, and look at its Permissions. Does it have Contacts permission turned on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache/data for the Phone app in Settings>Apps, and then force stop it.

Toeduster

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I made the adjustments you suggested and still not fixed. Then while in google contacts I moved a contact from Google account to Device contacts (vnd.sec.contact.phone) and a dialog offered to sync contacts which I selected. Voila, the moved contact appeared in Google contacts, Samsung contacts and the phone app. I had selected sync before but thus one and perhaps your suggestions did the trick.

Google and Samsung contacts have an equal number of contacts. but the phone app as about 85 fewer contacts so something is still off - but it is syncing!

Any other suggestions would be welcome but the major issue seems to be fixed

Thanks very much