Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm on cyanogen 7. I added two contacts to my phone and they didn't save at all. I just added them to my contacts in gmail on my PC and they saved and synced just fine.

So it doesn't necessarily seem like a phone problem. Unless it's a bug in the stock rom and cm7 which seems unlikely to me.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am still trying to figure this out too. Apparently all of the contacts created on the phone save to your T-Mobile contacts-NOT Google. This is an issue for me and I am stumped. You can't not use the T-Mobile contacts either- if you try and delete the account it tells you you must do a factory reset. If you factory reset it places them on there again, it's a maddening loop. Anyone know how to save contacts to Google as a default?

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell, when you create a contact, you should change the contact type to be a Google Contact - not a T-mobile contact. I just created a new contact on my phone making sure that the contact type was set to Google and within minutes it showed up on my PC and it's on my phone.

Does that help at all?

Reactions: galatians51

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am still trying to figure this out too. Apparently all of the contacts created on the phone save to your T-Mobile contacts-NOT Google. This is an issue for me and I am stumped. You can't not use the T-Mobile contacts either- if you try and delete the account it tells you you must do a factory reset. If you factory reset it places them on there again, it's a maddening loop. Anyone know how to save contacts to Google as a default?

Go to Settings ->Accounts and sync. Push on Google and check "Sync contacts". Go back and push T-Mobile and this time un-check "Sync contacts". Now all your contacts will sync only with Google. I hope this helps.

swordfish_al#AC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have double contacts. there is a sim card looking thing next to the name and there is the photo one next to the double one. i want to delete the double ones but i don't know which ones to delete.

allyn274

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
i have double contacts. there is a sim card looking thing next to the name and there is the photo one next to the double one. i want to delete the double ones but i don't know which ones to delete.

It's interesting. I don't want to delete contacts from my SIM necessarily, but I wish I didn't have to see them when I choose recipients for messages, etc.

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

If you don't want to delete the contacts on the SIM, you can use the link feature, in which you can link double or triple contacts with the same name. You'll end up with just one contact displayed in your list (with all the info of course).

Reactions: jbjtkbw007

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
I had to Thank danperde for that not because I didn't know it, but more people need to make sure to link their contacts to sync up the information from multiple sources. It's really a life saver. I sync contacts from Facebook, T-Mo, and Outlook. This way, I can make sure I have the most up to date data and if something changes, I just update the linked contact and all of the information is synced back to my original sources.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Dan Perde helped me loads too (THANK YOU) as I am with Swordfish but... I might delete all those SIM card laced numbers and start fresh. I tried to link them but they would not link for me at all. It's not that many to manually remove. It's driving me insane to see them like that. As is the people who have no photos attached. *breaks out camera and goes on snapping hunt*

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy