copying & syncing ripped music to nexus 4 and listening trough google play

Sander N

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I have a weird issue:
Yesterday i ripped all my cd's to my computer and sunced the folder with my nexus 4
So far so good. When i look into the music folder on the computer , i see all the music in there.

However, when i try to play the music with google play on the phone, it does not see ANY of the songs. (they are all WAV files which is ancient, but has the best quality in my opinion)

I installed another music player, Rocket, and this one does see the files. However: the free version wont play the files....
Is there any way around this? Why doesnt it recognise any of the songs? Are these protected? I assume when i BUY a CD i have every right to copy them to my phone and be able to listen? Why would i pay for a more expensive MP3 player? And why wont google play , PLAY them?

On my old Samsung Galaxy 2 it worked as a charm, but had another music player, and wasnt relying on Google Play

Must be something dumb i do.

Thanks in advance

Sander

heelanaya

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I have a weird issue:
Yesterday i ripped all my cd's to my computer and sunced the folder with my nexus 4
So far so good. When i look into the music folder on the computer , i see all the music in there.

However, when i try to play the music with google play on the phone, it does not see ANY of the songs. (they are all WAV files which is ancient, but has the best quality in my opinion)

I installed another music player, Rocket, and this one does see the files. However: the free version wont play the files....
Is there any way around this? Why doesnt it recognise any of the songs? Are these protected? I assume when i BUY a CD i have every right to copy them to my phone and be able to listen? Why would i pay for a more expensive MP3 player? And why wont google play , PLAY them?

On my old Samsung Galaxy 2 it worked as a charm, but had another music player, and wasnt relying on Google Play

Must be something dumb i do.

Thanks in advance

Sander
did you use windows media player?

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've found the easiest way around this is to use the Google Play music sync program on your computer to sync your library...I found this out after dragging and dropping my music into the n4 only to find that the album art was missing

Sent from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App

Dennis Maher

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I used Win 7 Media player to copy cds (wma's) to the sync list. The Nexus 4 was showing. All files and folder are visible when I open "music" under mass storage on computer files list, but on the Nexus 4 I only see the 2 albums I loaded 2 weeks ago. How do I find them under "Play Music?"