Couple of minor inconvienences

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i love my droid so far, but there are 2 minor issues popping up that i was curious if anyone knows the cause of or solution to.

first, occasionally my phone's speaker will stop working. turning the device off and on has fixed this. second, after putting the device asleep, on two occasions the device has refused to re-awaken by a press of the power button, nor am i able to power it back on. the only way i have fixed this is by doing a battery pull.

i did just update to 2.0.1, so if it is an OS stability thing, it will hopefully be fixed. if not though, any suggestions?

ccoady750#AC

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
take it back if the speaker acts up again.... and make sure not to use a cheap aftermarket charger.

I bought a cheapo one for a spare and it messes with the screen making it hard to use when plugged in.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I bought a cheapo one for a spare and it messes with the screen making it hard to use when plugged in.

If you just use the stock AC adapter with a different USB cord, you should have no problem... this is what i do. I just wanted a longer usb cord... talking while on a 3ft cord is a little difficult.

first, occasionally my phone's speaker will stop working. turning the device off and on has fixed this. second, after putting the device asleep, on two occasions the device has refused to re-awaken by a press of the power button, nor am i able to power it back on. the only way i have fixed this is by doing a battery pull.

as for these issues... I haven't experienced either and have had my phone from the dawn of Droid. How long have you had your phone and did these just show up after the update? Did you get an update pushed to you or did you do the manual update?

Last edited:

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
had it for about a week and a half now, issues were pre-update. and each issue has only occurred twice now, they arent chronic problems by any means.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC