Cracked Screen

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the LCD must be replaced if the glass is cracked? I dropped my N8 and got a nice big crack in it, but the display is fine. No bleeding of colors or anything. I was on the ubreakifix website and they only have a back glass repair, and a glass & LCD replacement option. Was hoping I can get it repaired for close to the back glass repair ($70). The glass & LCD option is about $240

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Just to be clear, the Note 8 has an AMOLED display and it is one assembly. Meaning the glass, digitizer, AMOLED are glued together. You can't swap the glass out separately.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the LCD must be replaced if the glass is cracked? I dropped my N8 and got a nice big crack in it, but the display is fine. No bleeding of colors or anything. I was on the ubreakifix website and they only have a back glass repair, and a glass & LCD replacement option. Was hoping I can get it repaired for close to the back glass repair ($70). The glass & LCD option is about $240
Sorry to hear about the crack. I dont have insurance on mine so this gives me a rough estimate of what it would cost here if that happened. Did you try a few places to compare pricing? Hopefully if they do it you get it back that day. Some places are pretty quick. I've had previous iPhones for my daughter fixed in about an hour

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Broke my screen a few weeks ago, I did have insurance, but....I bought another one because I just knew it would lose its IP68 Water Rating. So, I now have a note 8 as a back up, for my note 8 lol.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Broke my screen a few weeks ago, I did have insurance, but....I bought another one because I just knew it would lose its IP68 Water Rating. So, I now have a note 8 as a back up, for my note 8 lol.
Why would it lose it's IP68 rating?

I cracked my screen about a month ago. Started a thread about it here:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-8/895753-cracked-my-n8-screen.html

Fix was with genuine Samsung parts. And mine has been wet since the repair (dropped in the lake while wading) with no issues.