CTF2 firmware (Jul 1 security) available for US unlocked N10+.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The N975U1UES4CTF2 firmware update is available for download now via Frija or Sammobile (if your carrier doesn't have it OTA yet). It includes the July 1 Android security patch.

The '4' (the previous firmware version had a '3') tells us there's a new bootloader, which means that after you install this firmware, you can't revert to earlier versions.The 'S' before the bootloader number in the firmware version tells us this update consists only of the security patch--no feature updates.

This CTF2 firmware isn't yet listed at doc.samsungmobile.com, but presumably will be there shortly. Sammobile also lists the carriers that offer CTF2 so far. I haven't installed the firmware yet, so I can't say whether there are any problems. (UPDATE: Installed now via Odin. Everything works fine. Data and settings are still intact, just like OTA.)

Please, no "me too" or "not me yet" posts in this thread. Let's reserve this thread for useful information about this particular firmware version (CTF2 for the N975U1).

CTF2.jpg

Last edited:

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
The N975U1UES4CTF2 firmware update is available for download now via Frija or Sammobile (if your carrier doesn't have it OTA yet). It includes the July 1 Android security patch.

The '4' (the previous firmware version had a '3') tells us there's a new bootloader, which means that after you install this firmware, you can't revert to earlier versions.The 'S' before the bootloader number in the firmware version tells us this update consists only of the security patch--no feature updates.

This CTF2 firmware isn't yet listed at doc.samsungmobile.com, but presumably will be there shortly. Sammobile also lists the carriers that offer CTF2 so far. I haven't installed the firmware yet, so I can't say whether there are any problems.

Please, no 'me too' or 'not me yet' posts in this thread. Let's reserve this thread for useful information about this particular firmware version (CTF2 for the N975U1).

View attachment 322249

Correct came out last night, So most likely the Carrier's will jump to bootloader 4 as well.

Last edited: