Curious. Who is switching and From what???

What are you switching from to get the Evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bmoore

Apr 28, 2010
www.bmrsoftware.com
I see the biggest number is from Palm WebOS as myself. I am curious from the PRE users are you nervous about full touchscreen as I am? I am CONSTANTLY on my keyboard and do like 6000,8000 text a month. I hope I can get use to it cause I do love everything else about it

It'll be a slight adjustment, but nothing you won't be comfortable w/ after a few days. I switched from a full qwerty WinMo phone (physical), to the Instinct (on screen), then to the Pre (physical), and now to the EVO (obviously on screen). It takes some "getting to know each other" every time i've switched, but I don't think it's any reason to steer clear of this phone.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I am switching from a palm treo pro. I loved the phone, its the longest I ever kept one. Did everything I needed except for, voice to text and the screen was too small. Surfing the web was miserable on such a small screen.
It also seemed like windows mobile was falling way behind in development.
Didn't wan't to give up my grandfathered plan, past on many phones to keep the plan. The evo has shaken me loose of the plan.

phillies31

May 29, 2010
Visit site
It kinda makes since that most people (including me) are switching from a webOS device.

1. The software is GREAT but we're starving for better hardware. I think we're starting to see that great software will not overshadow sub-par hardware (Palm Pre/Pixi).

2. Most of the WebOS users were early adopters.. so that means that our one year upgrade is coming right around this time.

I have a question for the current webOS users. Is it the general consensus that most of you will switch back to webOS if Palm comes out with another phone with comparable specs to the Evo?

Yes, I got the Pre last year when it first came out, lost it last week, upgraded to a Pixi yesterday, and am still considering switching to an EVO next week. And if I do, to answer your question, I would switch back to webOS most likely as soon as they come out with some new bada$$ hardware. At least that's how I feel now, who knows after spending some time on the Evo. I do love webOS though.

Dunpeal

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Palm WebOS to HTC EVO 4G

Palm had a change to take the lead, and they ruined it with horrible hardware for WebOS. The EVO takes the lead all the way. One thing though I truely do miss is the true multi talking ability on WebOS. Hope to see Andriod move forward with this. Atm WebOs is unbeatable in this area.

Last edited:

Dunpeal

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I see the biggest number is from Palm WebOS as myself. I am curious from the PRE users are you nervous about full touchscreen as I am? I am CONSTANTLY on my keyboard and do like 6000,8000 text a month. I hope I can get use to it cause I do love everything else about it

I can type three times faster on the EVO than on the Palm Pre and any Blackberry device. Typing is very smooth on the EVO in landscape. Technically the EVO is able to correct the spelling of the word you are trying to spell per the sentence it is being used in. It is some sort of adaptive spelling. When you press one the screen determines what you are trying to speel. New words are auto added to a library.

Man I can sit at home and type comfortably from my EVO and not be tempted to go to the computer to respond to employees.

Last edited:

nkawal

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
First Android....been thru the following.Treo 600, 650, 700wx...WINMO..ppc-6700,ppc-6800, ppc-6900, htc diamond, bb 8330, bb 8530 and bb 9630...EVO's next.

BPHusker

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What is the best way to get my contacts from my TP2 to the Evo? Does the OS pull contacts from your gmail account? If so, is that the way to do it?

Dunpeal

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What is the best way to get my contacts from my TP2 to the Evo? Does the OS pull contacts from your gmail account? If so, is that the way to do it?

Yes it does, or a Sprint store should be able to do the transfer. I recommend using the gmail account to store your contacts for syncing to your device.

When done download and isntall MyBackUp Pro from Andriod Market, It cost $5 I think one time. This can back up all your data and or apps on a cloud. Thus you have a seconday backup just in case for some reason or another you wipe you contact on your google account. Yes I have haerd of people doing it expecially when the phone is being troubleshooted.

Last edited:

maduhbee#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
same here, had the palm pre since the early days... wasn't even on Sprint Premier plan yet, so yes... I paid an arm and a leg for it too! (bout 300 bucks). Sadly, just a couple of weeks ago, I was on a photoshoot when i decided to get stupid and I got slammed into some rocks with the pre in my pocket... My camera gear survived (minus the tripod and my pocket wizards are acting funny) but my Pre did not.

I like the EAS support they had on the Pre, and I love the phone overall. Loved it even more with the 800MHz patch! Running SCUMMVM was awesome too!!! mytether was also amazing (when it was working 100% before the update) But that phone never oreo'd me, same hardware as day 1. I felt it was solid in the hand, and sturdy t'il the day it got destroyed in the sea... must've been fate wanting me to get the EVO! I will miss how easily it was to multi-task, and how it was the 1st phone that never crashed on me! (Palm OS, Win Mobile 6.x) But I guess that's because I went to the pre after having the touch diamond for about 6 months, and wanting to throw that out the window! I almost lost faith in HTC at that point, but hoping my faith in HTC will be rejuvenated again with the 4G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware