Curious. Who is switching and From what???

What are you switching from to get the Evo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the Pre aswell, the UI and WebOS rocks, but palm didn't deliver when it came to the hardware. I know android is only going up, where as webos is at a standstill. If Palm were to announce a new device tomorrow, I would wait. But fact of the matter the EVO is one sick device and can do sooo much. Im going to miss my nice card multitasking though.

melnick7

May 27, 2010
Visit site
coming from pre also. they are taking there sweet time getting apps and with all the updates it looks like android is 100 times faster!!

chriscrasto

May 16, 2010
Visit site
An old Blackberry 8310 curve. the experience difference will probably shocking to me at first. It's been slowly dying ever since I got it, can't wait for SPEED and internet access without paying through the nose! (SCREW YOU AT&T!!!)

CPatt44

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Will be swapping out a Moto Droid for the EVO 4G on June 4th. Have a great Sprint Rep. in my back pocket that will be holding one for me that day.;)

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from T-Mobile and a MotoZine ZN5. Great phone, one of the first 5Mpx camera phones (better than my actual point-and-shoot at the time), and it's never let me down. I'm switching now mostly because we're getting on a Sprint family plan to cut our cell bill in half - but the Evo is too much of a draw to settle for a Hero! Still saving us $40/month with the Evo data fee for two lines. Even the T-Mobile ETFs are prorated, so it's basically a wash when we math out the option of staying with our plan until the end of the contract vs. switching now. And I get my Evo on the 4th! Can't beat that!

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, Palm is going to lose a lot of people.

I am very excited about this phone and its capabilities, especially the video chat features made easy with the dual cameras.

I will be using this phone a lot, especially to take advantage of that extra 10 dollars per month that I have to pay. I currently use about 6GB of data per month. You can rest assured I will be doubling that soon :)

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I was just reading that HTC has an app already available to tether, and that Sprint is not going to be blocking it. Good news.

So I hope I will be able to use that, I will take full advantage of it!

Crimson Tear

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from the Nokia e71 (unlocked) with no data plan. This is going to be a pretty wonderful change I think! I may miss the keyboard, though... the E71 has a fantastic keyboard.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Switching from the HTC HD2. ATT coverage is not very good in my city and I know that Sprint is. I will never go back to an T-mobile/ATT phone, horrible service.

omardd98

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Im with bmoore I like my pre but dam why is palm dragging. Love the web OS it was something new to me. However Im in love with the specs of the EVO also the fact that Palm didnt come out with simple things that there oolder phones had for example video no expansion mem card come on wth. it was my 1st smart phone and now I want the best. I love the screen and everything that comes with it. Now I guess I will have to get use to the Andriod and there apps.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Going from a Pre. love the OS but no hardware. ANY ONE WHAT TO TRADE MY PRE, 2 TOUCHSTONE AND CABLES FOR A HERO OR MOMENT. MY WIFE WANTS A TOUCH SCREEN BUT NOT THE PRE. ITS IN GREAT SHAPE.
Hard sell, is that why your shouting? :)
Been checking CL to see if I could pull off a Hero or Moment swap. No luck for me. Maybe you can find something in your area on CL.

Now that HP has acquired Palm, maybe they'll turn out some stronger products.
If that product is a printer then they surely will /:

Last edited:

hotis300boy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I see the biggest number is from Palm WebOS as myself. I am curious from the PRE users are you nervous about full touchscreen as I am? I am CONSTANTLY on my keyboard and do like 6000,8000 text a month. I hope I can get use to it cause I do love everything else about it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick