Custom Email tones for specific contacts

elli0t

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey yall!

I have been a Blackberry user for years, and finally ditched my old berry friend, for a Galaxy Nexus. I had no idea how complicated customizing this bad boy, was going to be. Thus far, I have had to Google how to's for everything I've wanted to customize: ie ringtones, changing default tones, even the colour of my sms window. I've been able to figure everything out, but am stuck on creating custom tones for emails from specific contacts. With my trusted berry, custom tones for email and sms were linked together for my contacts. So whether I received a txt, or an email from "John", I would hear the specific tone I'd set for him. With my Nexus, I've learned the same is not true. I can only customize contact sounds for sms (and of course, only with an App, I really like Ringo btw). Emails, not so much. They all come in under the one tone, regardless of who it was from.

Is there an app out there for this? Google hasn't been my friend, with this subject, and so I have to resort to asking for help.

Thank you in advance for any help!
*cheers*

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

You don't need an app, view contact in People app then settings then set ringtone.

It can be painful to do this for every contact so if you group contacts by tone then apps like Dw contacts can do it for you for all contacts in a group (AT THAT TIME).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
But, doesn't that just change the ringtone for when they call you? Is that going to change the notification noise for when you get an email from them?

elli0t

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Devinator, it infact does not change the email notification sound from each contact, but rather as you said, only the ringer for phone calls.

Thank you very much for the suggested apps. I can't seem to get the email ringer one working. It reboots my phone.

I searched for "email ringers" and came across one that sounded great: Alirmer Gmail. I downloaded the free version, found it to have a super easy interface, but rather than working, it just crashed repeatedly :0(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel