Custom ROM from LG Stock 2.3.4

mixmax1982

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi android-fans!
I made my first custom ROM from LG stock firmware V20F using the great manual from janitux ([HOWTO] Cook your custom rom for LG P500 - xda-developers) with dsixda's Android Kitchen [KITCHEN] Android Kitchen, v0.188 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers.
It has root, Busybox, /data/app functionality, Bash-shell, Nano text editor, custom animation possibility, deodexed and zipaligned. No Apps2SD - use Link2SD from here [App] Link2SD - xda-developers
Those of You who has a working recovery (ClockworkMod etc.) can try it.
DOWNLOAD:

MaxROM
- UPD Update script changed to "Edify" for ClockworkMod Recovery.
- made some changes and de-tweaked for base funtionality. Next updates should be installed on that base!

HOW TO INSTALL:
You need latest gingerbread baseband and stock ROM (v20F) (updated from LG Mobile Support tool or KDZ flasher).
Install Clockwork Recovery:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOWTO] Flashing recovery image via shell / via LGMDP.exe on unrooted phone
Copy MaxROM#.zip to SD-card
Reboot in recovery
Make Nandroid Backup (Very RECOMMENDED!)
Make all wipes (format system/data, cache,data,system and dalvik)
Finally flash the zip and reboot the phone.
P.S. If you will stuck on AT&T logo more than 15 min - pull batter away and turn on the phone with combination HOME+VOLUME DOWN+POWER!

You can modify ROM to your taste using UOT Kitchen UOT Kitchen. How-To (modify framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk), changing bootanimation.zip in /system/media and other available things!

Disclaimer
WARNING! You should know exactly what are you doing!
I'm not responsible of any phone damage or data loss in you phone. Yo make it all at own risk!

Last edited:

mixmax1982

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ff6man Try wipe everything and flash again then write what you got. Maybe it took some time to make dalvik cache on SD card. What recovery did you use?

Last edited:

mixmax1982

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
To joban
Yes there is a 1-1,5 sec delay in stock ROM. I think it depends on kernel governor. With custom kernel maybe would be better.

linyera

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Any volunteers? :D:D
Now it says "Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted." :mad:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded/downgraded to stock 2.3.4 NBB from a AOSP 2.3.7 OBB. I actually like the stock it work pretty well only had a few glitches here and there, but the "AT&T" branding everywhere is driving me nuts. Does your ROM since its deoxed have the AT&T crap ripped out, especially the one on the status bar?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
on the status bar at the top of the screen does your ROM say AT&T on the left side or have you found a way to remove it?

mixmax1982

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not using AT&T as carrier, phone is unlocked and I don't have the sign of carrier in status bar. And for that ROM was using LG stock without deep mods.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
So I updated to 2.3.4 today... and now I know what you mean! My carrier is listed in the leftmost part of the status bar. Definitely a ROM thing.

Yeah I found out that it can be fixed but there are a bunch of hoops to jump through. And from what I gather it may be easier to send a man to the moon. It involves basically rebuild the ROM from source or at least recooking the ROM in kitchen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod