Custom ROM from LG Stock 2.3.4

donfallo

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I am attempting to make my AT&T LGP-506 work in the Netherlands.

I had superuser privileges on the device. I have copied the "MaxROM3.zip" to my SD card. I am running the Rom Manager app, select the MaxROM3.zip, tell it to backup, clear memory, and clear Devlex, then hit reboot.

Nothing but a black screen. No Brick or anything, but same old ROM and Kernel.

The phone worked for everything but data already. Now it says no SD card and I get a 'settings - process com.android.settings' error when i reboot.

I Don't know if getting the data to work on the LGP-506 has just never been able to be done or I'm an idiot. I see the link
[WIP][ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for LG Optimus S (Yes, it's ICS!) but I don't know if that appliess to me or not (and in that one it says the data does not work so I am hesitant to try it).

I'm 'Rethinking Possibly' Throwing this through a window and into a canal. :confused:

Last edited:

mixmax1982

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
donfallo If you got your backup - just try to restore it from Rom Manager! So if it's OK and everything gonna work I recommend to do Nandroid backup from CWM recovery(not in Rom Manager).
You should enter in ClockworkMod recovery - not in Rom Manager app (Hold button combo) and do all wipes ((format system/data, cache,data,system and dalvik), then choose "Install zip from sdcard" and flash the ROM.
Give it a try!

donfallo

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your help. When I start it by (Home + Down Vol. + Power) (I presume that is Rom Manager - I'm still working on the terms) I get the following error;

Fastboot mode started
udc_start()

I thought this was bad so I looked it up on a diff. site and just like that post said, the screen changed to ;

fastboot mode started
udc.start()
-- suspend --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --

The other post told me to follow the following steps;

1) Assuming phone is turned on in fastboot mode, plug it in to the USB of your PC. You will know that it is detected if you see the the lines "suspend", "reset" and whatnot on the phone's screen.
2) Extract the recovery image from the zipfile downloaded from step#5 above (e.g. LGp500-recovery-v12.img). Place the image file in the same folder where fastboot.exe is (usually in the tools\ folder in the SDK). For your convenience, rename the img file as recovery.img
3) Fire up your command prompt and cd to the directory where fastboot.exe is located. Then type the following command:

fastboot erase recovery

Once you get the confirmation that it was successful, type this:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Once you get the success confirmation, reboot the phone, or you can also type (optional):

fastboot reboot

All of that I more or less get, or I can repeat it, where I run into trouble is;
1) Don't I need to copy or push or something the files to the phone?
2) What is the location of the phone if it does not pop up and I can't make it into USB mode because it is too unstable?
3) Why does the phone not respond by moving the vol up and down to select items, or is that even how you are supposed to move up and down in the 'fast boot system'

I'm not sure how to enter in ClockWorkMod Recovery - I had it installed (that's how I loaded the bad ROM) but don't know its current status. The command line stuff is a little tough, the last time I ran a command prompt I think it was on an 8086 for run leisuresuitlarry.exe.

Thanks again for your help. It is most appreciated.

DonFallo

donfallo

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
When I just start it up it will turn on, but then i get a circular error;

'settings - process com.android.settings'

This comes up again and again.

Or I can reboot in recover mode (home Down vol, Power) and;

"Fastboot mode started
udc_start()"

Thanks,
DonFallo

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
When I just start it up it will turn on, but then i get a circular error;

'settings - process com.android.settings'

This comes up again and again.

Or I can reboot in recover mode (home Down vol, Power) and;

"Fastboot mode started
udc_start()"

Thanks,
DonFallo

Sounds like you have something disabled that you shouldn't have, which is why you are getting the android error ... that fastboot is defacto default for the phone if no custom recovery is installed. Try booting it with the same key combo but use the Vol Up instead of Down. I did notice that after I upgraded my phone to the stock gingerbread (P505) that the vol down switched to the Vol up.... if you cant get anywhere in the phone you may need to use adb to install a custom recovery so that you can flash roms... if that doesnt work I recommend you look at the thread that refers to the fastboot mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu