Customize double press or long press of a button?

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
On the Galaxy Watch 3, I have the ability to customize or change the function of the long press or double press of the Home button on the Samsung Galaxy Wear app on the settings of the watch. Right now I have it configured so that if I double press the Home button, it turns on a 3rd party flashlight app which just turns the screen of the watch all white and allows me to adjust the brightness of the display by turning the watch bezel.

It is very handy to be able to turn on the flashlight app without looking at the watch and just double press the Home button on dark situations.

I ordered the Galaxy Watch 4 and I'm expecting to receive it next week. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to customize the double press or long press of one of the buttons? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere if this is possible yet.
SmartSelect_20210904-061212_Galaxy Watch3 PlugIn.jpg

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
On the Galaxy Watch 3, I have the ability to customize or change the function of the long press or double press of the Home button on the Samsung Galaxy Wear app on the settings of the watch. Right now I have it configured so that if I double press the Home button, it turns on a 3rd party flashlight app which just turns the screen of the watch all white and allows me to adjust the brightness of the display by turning the watch bezel.

It is very handy to be able to turn on the flashlight app without looking at the watch and just double press the Home button on dark situations.

I ordered the Galaxy Watch 4 and I'm expecting to receive it next week. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to customize the double press or long press of one of the buttons? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere if this is possible yet.
View attachment 336685

Yes, that function is present. I don't have a flashlight app installed, but other apps that I have installed appear to be in the list of choices.