Cyanogenmod and Rom manager questions

temotoren

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed cyanogenmod 7 RC1 with clockwork with rom manager i just have a few questions for the future.

1. I backed up the stock rom with rom manager and i was wondering if i ever want to go back to stock i just flash that through rom manager?

2. When RC2 or the final version is released, should i wipe my current rom (RC1) and back it up?

3. If i do back it up will overwrite the stock backup?

I have been having some extreme lag when somebody calls me when my phone is doing a lot of tasks any fixes for that?

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed cyanogenmod 7 RC1 with clockwork with rom manager i just have a few questions for the future.

1. I backed up the stock rom with rom manager and i was wondering if i ever want to go back to stock i just flash that through rom manager?
If you want to go back to the stock rom yes. You will still have root. Just to clarified

2. When RC2 or the final version is released, should i wipe my current rom (RC1) and back it up?
You want to back up first then wipe.

3. If i do back it up will overwrite the stock backup?
When you back up a rom it is stored on your sd card. So no,every time you back up you will have it available.

I have been having some extreme lag when somebody calls me when my phone is doing a lot of tasks any fixes for that?
Are you using setcpu? If so don't go below 245.(I believe that is the correct number) Maybe force stop some apps that are running that you don't need at the time. Never had that problem but it is just suggestion.
Hope that helps

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks that helped. But one more question. When I download the next Cyonagenmod will it still give be the option of downloading the Google apps and flashing them?

As I personal don't use rom manager, I wouldn't think it will give you that option because you already have it installed.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It will give you the option to re-get them.

You don't always have to wipe between flashes with CM.

Here's what I do:

Make a backup in Rom Manager
backup my apps & user app data w/Titanium Backup

Download the new rom & google apps but choose not to install them

Reboot manually in to recovery, install the new rom and re-install google apps (browse the sdcard, under clockworkmod, I think they usually come in at teamdouche.net and the google apps are from goo-inside.me)

Before I reboot I choose to wipe cache and wipe dalvik (under the advanced menu).

This way I try to just upgrade the rom but if it fails I have a clean backup and if I have to install fresh all my app data is there and waiting to be restored.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaysonIrwin