Data connection suddenly stopped working.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Weird problem. I've had my Note 8 for about two days now and up until this evening everything was working fine with data. I was getting full bar LTE and very fast. Suddenly my mobile data completely dropped. I rebooted the phone and it asked me to restart the phone to register new SIM card. I did so and still no dice.

I manually entered the APN settings and manually selected my carrier network. Data came back but now is only on HSPA no LTE. I bought the unlocked international variant and the LTE bands are compatible with my carrier.

In the notification bar it says I should factory reset to use my carriers services (or something like that).

I'm thinking of doing that as I'm only 48 hours in with the phone. I JUST rebuilt my music playlists though so that's a **** off.

Anybody know why it would just drop off like that when it was working fine before?

FWIW I tried my SIM in another phone and was getting LTE like normal.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
OK here's an update. I managed to solve the problem without doing a factory reset.

I just went in and cleared all network settings and re-entered everything manually. Rebooted the phone and not only is LTE back and working fine, I'm getting the fastest LTE speeds I've ever had!

20180106_010143.jpg

I'm wondering if I should have put the SIM card in before powering the phone on for the first time. I think that may have caused an issue?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Not sure on the sim card thing - even if you'd turned it on first, when you input a sim card, I think the phone asks you to restart it - let me know if that's not right. Either this one or the S8+ did that.

I've had issues with mine where I have several bars, but the 4G isn't doing anything. I think I may redo my network settings as well. I believe this intermittent issue with my 4G may be the culprit of my Bixby and Ok google not working consistently while I'm commuting to work and back.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Not sure on the sim card thing - even if you'd turned it on first, when you input a sim card, I think the phone asks you to restart it - let me know if that's not right. Either this one or the S8+ did that.

I've had issues with mine where I have several bars, but the 4G isn't doing anything. I think I may redo my network settings as well. I believe this intermittent issue with my 4G may be the culprit of my Bixby and Ok google not working consistently while I'm commuting to work and back.

Try manually entering your carriers LTE APN settings, and also manually search for your carrier network instead of selecting "automatic".

That's what worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund