ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
How long did you wait? It took a good 5 minutes for my phone to go from the Android screen to the lockscreen and I only wiped cache and dalvik.

I waited a good solid 5 minutes. But it actually froze on the ANDROID screen. Weird, huh?

I Nandroid back and gonna try again.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That is weird. Sorry I can't really provide any other info as I'm on VD and just flashed 1.8 over my 1.7 Rom.

See that might just be the answer. I am still on VC. The first page said VC or VD required so I thought it was fine. I think I will update to VD and see if it loads.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
See that might just be the answer. I am still on VC. The first page said VC or VD required so I thought it was fine. I think I will update to VD and see if it loads.
Beezy is on VC running this. He flashed over 1.7 and did a full wipe, no problems. I'm on VD and flashed over 1.7 and did a full wipe, no problems.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Beezy is on VC running this. He flashed over 1.7 and did a full wipe, no problems. I'm on VD and flashed over 1.7 and did a full wipe, no problems.

Ok so if I wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik and flash TR1.8, I get frozen on ANDROID screen.

BUT, after I restored my TR 1.7 Nandroid and only wipe Cache and Dalvik, then flash TR1.8, it boots and runs great. Strange huh?

deadset

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so if I wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik and flash TR1.8, I get frozen on ANDROID screen.

BUT, after I restored my TR 1.7 Nandroid and only wipe Cache and Dalvik, then flash TR1.8, it boots and runs great. Strange huh?

I had the same thing happen and did the same thing to remedy it. Also this was on a new Optimus S with the new LCD screen. I followed the guide and reverted to V9, force flashed to VC, rooted and flashed CWMA recovery and then flashed v1.8. Everything seems okay so far but I might be having some problems with updating profile/PRL and wifi tether, I will test it more tomorrow.

dafluke24

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed TR 1.8 after force flashing VD on my refurb optimus. All went smooth and wifi tether works. I'm actually typing this post connected to wifi tether to test it out :)

Thanks to Ksmith and Beezy for everything you guys do for us.

Mes3

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
1.8 will not work for me. Just boot loops and eventually locks up. Erased data/cache/dalvik multiple times. Re-downloaded the zip. Everything I could think of. No dice.

On VD.

anon(114229)

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the 1.8 installation solution. My phone froze at the ANDROID screen as well.

It would actually freeze for a while at the ANDROID screen, then continue to attempt to boot (ANDROID screen briefly flashed and made another attempt to boot until the ANDROID screen would freeze again). The process of boot, freeze, boot, process continued 5 or 6 times before I pulled the battery and went into recovery and did the instructions that you provided... all is good now.

EDIT: I updated to VD prior to installation of 1.8.

Last edited:

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
away from AC for a few days and wham. new updates, etc. lol..well..diggin this 1.8 ...of course like others..just cleared cache and dav. and everything was fine..

works with either custom recoveries. (on the VD update) (GNM and zefies)

ran through the themes and havent seen any issues. currently running min-black.
even the new SwiftKey Beta (keyboard) runs very smoothly with 1.8 and of course VD ..(my new fav. keyboard) lol.

great job yet again on the rom.

dig that the default wallpapers were taken off.

maru2001

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the 1.8 installation solution. My phone froze at the ANDROID screen as well.

It would actually freeze for a while at the ANDROID screen, then continue to attempt to boot (ANDROID screen briefly flashed and made another attempt to boot until the ANDROID screen would freeze again). The process of boot, freeze, boot, process continued 5 or 6 times before I pulled the battery and went into recovery and did the instructions that you provided... all is good now.

EDIT: I updated to VD prior to installation of 1.8.

So for those of us that are getting the android screen loop and didnt install 1.7 so we have no backup. How do I install 1.8?

FreddyFredFred

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
What I did, this was my first try of TR. I had no backups. I wiped everything. Installed TR1.6.2. Wiped again and installed 1.8.
When I tried to install 1.8 from scratch, I also got stuck in the android loop.
Looks great! Thanks for all the work y'all do for us!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
For anyone that has or had issues with 1.8 there is a newer version posted,download the newer version and flash ovder the top. Sorry for any issues or problems anyone had things happen sometimes that not even we can help or completely understand. Everything is tested and should be 100% ready to go. :)

Reactions: ccrs8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UDFJFJUDDU