ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I just restored my NAND backup and flashed ThundeROM 1.8 after wiping only the cache and Dalvik (instead of wiping cache, Dalvik, and data as I've done the first time). I'm still getting two analog clock and calendar widget options. Any ideas on how to remove the extra? I think one is the older version and one is the newer version.

you can remove with root explorer..dont remove both calendars..i belive the one labeled calendar widget is ok to remove..anyother calendar stuff can mess up the sync of google. (and wont allow u to use any calendar widgets).

the analog clocks..again u can remove one of them..(in root explorer)..the only one i say is coo to remove..is the first on the list..it has that white old style clock image. the other analog clock is attached with the alarm clock..so might not wanna delete unless u dont want alarm clocks etc. ..remember at ur own risk..might wanna do another backup before deleting.

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
you can remove with root explorer..dont remove both calendars..i belive the one labeled calendar widget is ok to remove..anyother calendar stuff can mess up the sync of google. (and wont allow u to use any calendar widgets).

the analog clocks..again u can remove one of them..(in root explorer)..the only one i say is coo to remove..is the first on the list..it has that white old style clock image. the other analog clock is attached with the alarm clock..so might not wanna delete unless u dont want alarm clocks etc. ..remember at ur own risk..might wanna do another backup before deleting.

Does that mean you're seeing the double options in your add widgets menu too? I think the new clock app would be the one with a white face, right? That's the one that gives you options to choose the look of the clock before you add it as a widget. The other one just puts a round clock with a black face as a widget, no options.

I'll have to download root explorer and play around...

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
well..funny thing is..u mentioned seeing "double" as a new thing..from the start a while back i have seen 2 calendars and analog clocks in my widget lists. so not new to me..

but yes the clock u can change..is the one i delete..(white face image) the other cant find on root explorer so i leave it (round black one).

root explorer is not free btw. but it is a very handy app though.

Reactions: pcubed

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
well..funny thing is..u mentioned seeing "double" as a new thing..from the start a while back i have seen 2 calendars and analog clocks in my widget lists. so not new to me..

but yes the clock u can change..is the one i delete..(white face image) the other cant find on root explorer so i leave it (round black one).

root explorer is not free btw. but it is a very handy app though.

I guess seeing double is common to those running ThundeROM? I've been using LEGO before, so I thought it was something I did wrong on my end. If this is the norm, then I'm willing to ignore it. =)

Maybe I'll hold off on getting root explorer for now, since it's not free, haha. :p

ltrz

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
lol yeah..actually ur right if i can rem. correctly. when i tried Lego..i didnt see "double"..but yeah..its not a big deal..but more personal want..for myself i delete everything thats not needed..however i know what to delete and what not to....so if u can ignore it try to b/c ya dont wanna delete something and be up a creek witout a paddle.

simon.ponder

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I guess seeing double is common to those running ThundeROM? I've been using LEGO before, so I thought it was something I did wrong on my end. If this is the norm, then I'm willing to ignore it. =)

Maybe I'll hold off on getting root explorer for now, since it's not free, haha. :p

Did you restore all applications and system data with Titanium Backup?

If so, maybe you restored a different version from the ROM you were on before. Different ROMS, might use different default apps with the ROM, etc. It's been a long time since I was on anything but CM7, so I can't remember about dual clocks.

Anyways, I would keep at least one of them, preferably the one that is version 2.2.2.

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you restore all applications and system data with Titanium Backup?

If so, maybe you restored a different version from the ROM you were on before. Different ROMS, might use different default apps with the ROM, etc. It's been a long time since I was on anything but CM7, so I can't remember about dual clocks.

Anyways, I would keep at least one of them, preferably the one that is version 2.2.2.

I only restored applications and not system data. I thought that might've been the case when I restored the applications. Maybe I'll try wiping all data and reflashing the rom to check it those two clocks are still there.

ltrz, did you ever restore apps from Titanium Backup when you noticed the dual widget options?

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Change log, post #1, V1.5

Ah, I see.

Is it supposed to look like this on the phone though?

snap20110312_174438.jpg

jbobby

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Time offset

May be a stupid question, but never had it happen until I just installed TR 1.8...

Is there a setting for the time zones, etc. on the phone? I have my phone syncing with Google calendar. Both are set for east coast time. All of the items in my Google calendar on my android are appearing one hour earlier than the corresponding appointment in my Google calendar in the cloud. I changed the appt on my phone one hour ahead to see if maybe there was an initial sync error, but when I checked the cloud version that too had moved an hour forward so there's clearly something off.

Anyone else having this issue or maybe no one has looked? Just found it to be strange. May be a very obvious fix that I'm overlooking at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

scifan

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Seems to be working pretty decently... flashed TR 1.8 over top of the standard rom image for VCD... wiped cache and dalvik and all is happy.... didn't have to re-install anything, and all of my stored credentials are happy as well...

Thus far, no FC's, and all appears happy... :)

Excellent...

Edit: did you guys re-compile the framework-res? or would one from 1.6 work? :)

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
May be a stupid question, but never had it happen until I just installed TR 1.8...

Is there a setting for the time zones, etc. on the phone? I have my phone syncing with Google calendar. Both are set for east coast time. All of the items in my Google calendar on my android are appearing one hour earlier than the corresponding appointment in my Google calendar in the cloud. I changed the appt on my phone one hour ahead to see if maybe there was an initial sync error, but when I checked the cloud version that too had moved an hour forward so there's clearly something off.

Anyone else having this issue or maybe no one has looked? Just found it to be strange. May be a very obvious fix that I'm overlooking at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

You're right. I checked my Google calendar on my phone and the events I have listed are also an hour earlier.

I think this may have something to do with daylight savings time coming up. Maybe we'll have to see if anything will change tomorrow.

Other people seem to be noticing the same problem as indicated in this thread.

Last edited:

pcubed

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Uhhh, is it just me or are the posts getting messed up? I see that the author of the posts aren't matching up with the right names.

For example, I'm the one who made the post above, but it's listing the author as scifan?

Robchaos_

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I see it too. Something going weird with the db I imagine.

edit:but then as soon as i posted in this thread it seems that things straightened up and the right posts are with the right authors. Weird.

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a BuildProp-Deluxe for 1.8? Also, can I flash Stock_Button_Layout.zip on 1.8 to get the wake from sleep functionality back?

Thanks,
David

I don't know about the latter question, but it looks like the buildprop situation has been simplified. The "deluxe" buildprop has been renamed to something like "buildprop_thunderom_stagefright" (don't have the name in front of me at the moment). After flashing ThundeROM 1.8, the two buildprops (stock and stagefright) get put on the root of the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware