ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

intekmdma

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i just flashed this onto the optimus v and it works very well. i've made changes to swap the home and menu button, but i have one problem. it doesn't seem to pick up any data. (3g), anyone know where i can start into looking into the issue?

edit: seems like ,most blutooth features work as well

edit2: looks like most of everything is working on this after some minor edits. the only problem is now the mms

Last edited:

picasticks

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Count me as against xtr50fix

FWIW, I'd like to vote against including xtr50fix, which puts the phone into airplane mode for 12 seconds after booting. I thought it was a bug! :confused:

In this case I think the workaround is worse than the underlying issue (which I never knew or cared about). I think it would be great if someone would like to trace and solve that issue, but I think disabling my phone on boot to do it is a bug. And, there are other possible side effects to this hack (at least one person on the thread reported their phone stuck in airplane mode, and what happens if you're in airplane mode and reboot? Why does the workaround disable wifi?).

(I've trashed xtr50fix-v1.apk which takes care of it, but like I said I'd vote against including this in the awesome ThundeROM. Better to let the users who prefer the workaround install the apk if the want to.)

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
......Better to let the users who prefer the workaround install the apk if the want to.)

Or..... users can delete the apk like you did. Only one person (that I know of) had a problem getting stuck in airplane mode. Which I consider an isolated incident.

We should be so lucky to have these devs who work so hard to bring us great roms like this.

And I don't think a few seconds of airplane mode at boot is that troublesome.

picasticks

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
We should be so lucky to have these devs who work so hard to bring us great roms like this.

And I don't think a few seconds of airplane mode at boot is that troublesome.

Fair enough, but I'm not criticizing the ROM, just putting in my vote against the "feature."

There's the underlying bug, but then the workaround introduces a new bug. And on my phone it's a good 20-30 seconds before the interface is usable. In software dev, a defect that's a block is a lot more serious than the cosmetic defect with the airtime (which has no effect on function). So to me it's a bit perverse to introduce a worse bug to "fix" a trivial one. IMHO.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, but I'm not criticizing the ROM, just putting in my vote against the "feature."

There's the underlying bug, but then the workaround introduces a new bug. And on my phone it's a good 20-30 seconds before the interface is usable. In software dev, a defect that's a block is a lot more serious than the cosmetic defect with the airtime (which has no effect on function). So to me it's a bit perverse to introduce a worse bug to "fix" a trivial one. IMHO.

Since it is more of a burden in your case, then I understand your perspective.

And I was truly not trying to be abrasive if I came across that way.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

uhh, just to be clear the devs don't make this rom for you. ksmith and beezy are making the rom for them selves and are being nice enough to let you all install it on your phones. You're complaint will probably fall on def ears seeing as it was their decision for their rom. If you don't like it switch to another rom. When the devs first launched TR they made it clear in the very first post when they said explicitly this rom is for THEM not you. I'll leave it at that. If you don't like the apk, then do what you did and delete it.

picasticks

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
uhh, just to be clear the devs don't make this rom for you. ksmith and beezy are making the rom for them selves and are being nice enough to let you all install it on your phones. You're complaint will probably fall on def ears seeing as it was their decision for their rom. If you don't like it switch to another rom. When the devs first launched TR they made it clear in the very first post when they said explicitly this rom is for THEM not you. I'll leave it at that. If you don't like the apk, then do what you did and delete it.

OK, sorry, I thought I was politely making a bug report/feature request to the ROM devs but clearly I have worded it badly and stepped on some toes. Sorry!

ksmith and beezy have added things (custom kernel, wifi hotspot app in 1.8) before and then been open to pulling them later. There are lots of experimental things they have put in, including the airplane mode hack, and that's great. I know as a dev, half of the time you put something like that in a build just to get tester feedback. Which is all I was trying to do. Not criticize the ROM or tell anybody what to do with their project.

I mentioned that I deleted the apk so that the thread wouldn't be spammed with people saying "uh, just delete the apk." Instead I get "if you deleted the apk, why are you still typing?" Sometimes you never win. :-!

@jstntp: it's all good.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
OK, sorry, I thought I was politely making a bug report/feature request to the ROM devs but clearly I have worded it badly and stepped on some toes. Sorry!

ksmith and beezy have added things (custom kernel, wifi hotspot app in 1.8) before and then been open to pulling them later. There are lots of experimental things they have put in, including the airplane mode hack, and that's great. I know as a dev, half of the time you put something like that in a build just to get tester feedback. Which is all I was trying to do. Not criticize the ROM or tell anybody what to do with their project.

I mentioned that I deleted the apk so that the thread wouldn't be spammed with people saying "uh, just delete the apk." Instead I get "if you deleted the apk, why are you still typing?" Sometimes you never win. :-!

@jstntp: it's all good.

Lol yeah i know what you mean about lose lose situations, im not made at you or anything please dont take it personally. Every thirty pages or so people just have to be reminded, you just happened to be the flag bearer this tim.

nachtwolf88

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
hey just wondering if anyone else is unable to mount there SD card to the PC with the phone plugged in noticed that it no longer will pop up to enable mass storage

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
...and what happens if you're in airplane mode and reboot?.

Last weekend I was flying to New Orleans and had put my phone in airplane mode while on the plane so I could listen to music while flying. I turned the phone off (while still in airplane mode) for landing and then left it off as we had to rush to catch a connection. After making my connection and taking off again, once the captain said that it was OK to turn on electronics I turned back on my phone to again listen to music. In my past experience (both Moment and Optimus S), the phone would remain in airplane mode until I manually turned airplane mode off. However, in this instance this bug fix must have turned airplane mode off after the 12 seconds, technically making me a law-breaker by having my cell phone on during a flight.

Fear not, I did not bring the plane down! After a few minutes I noticed the prompt asking me if I wanted to allow international data roaming and I realized that I was no longer in airplane mode and quickly went back to airplane mode manually.

Anyway, I don't really care - I don't know exactly what bug this solution fixed (something about uptime reporting or something like that), but that is my experience.

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Last weekend I was flying to New Orleans and had put my phone in airplane mode while on the plane so I could listen to music while flying. I turned the phone off (while still in airplane mode) for landing and then left it off as we had to rush to catch a connection. After making my connection and taking off again, once the captain said that it was OK to turn on electronics I turned back on my phone to again listen to music. In my past experience (both Moment and Optimus S), the phone would remain in airplane mode until I manually turned airplane mode off. However, in this instance this bug fix must have turned airplane mode off after the 12 seconds, technically making me a law-breaker by having my cell phone on during a flight.

Fear not, I did not bring the plane down! After a few minutes I noticed the prompt asking me if I wanted to allow international data roaming and I realized that I was no longer in airplane mode and quickly went back to airplane mode manually.

Anyway, I don't really care - I don't know exactly what bug this solution fixed (something about uptime reporting or something like that), but that is my experience.

That airplane crap is a joke. Even the fcc and faa have come out saying the possibility of a phone or other wireless devices causing interference with the planes systems is HIGHLY unlikely. American airlines has planes which allow you to use your cell phone and make calls in flight. The faa only stays steadfast in its stance against them because to be safe they would have to test every single revision of every single device. Because thats too cost prohibiting its a blanket policy to ban them. Ive never once put a phone into airplane mode or turned off any radio for any reason other then to conserve battery life, and i have yet to have a single problem in flight.

Geez all that to say dont be so worried about turning your phone off, if it makes you feel better have at it, but its kind of pointless.

farfromuman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I use Tasker to toggle the Airplane mode at boot but I first have it check if the phone is in Airplane mode already and if it is then the script quits.

voteforcondit

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i just got my optimus last week or so. i want to root it. is this my best option? i am running zvd on it. also can i get a walk through on how to do this? how do i boot into system restore and all that?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
i just got my optimus last week or so. i want to root it. is this my best option? i am running zvd on it. also can i get a walk through on how to do this? how do i boot into system restore and all that?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...-how-guide-rooting-software-version-ls670Part

Part 2: If you installed LS670ZVD and didn't have a custom recovery kernel

1) Downgrade to LS670ZV9 (not ZVC) as per this thread. Do NOT ask questions about reverting, force-flashing or KP500 in this thread.
2) Root V9 with z4root. Do NOT ask questions about z4root in this thread.
3) Flash either Xionia Clockwork Recovery or drellisdee's Custom Recovery. Do NOT ask questions about recovery kernel installation in this thread.
4) Using the LG Mobile Support Tool, update to LS670ZVD. Do NOT ask questions about the LG tool in this thread.
5) If you flashed Xionia Clockwork Recovery, continue to Part 3 or Part 5.
6) If you flashed drellisdee's Custom Recovery, continue to Part 4 or Part 6.

It's all in there, read up, read well, and double check before you proceed. Drew writes up GREAT instructions.

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Soooo...

Is Stage Fright the only extra addon that can be flashed after the rom is done? No deluxe one like from the 1.6 days?

**That was the last version of ThundeRom I used :\ Lego wasn't updated for VD update :\ **

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Soooo...

Is Stage Fright the only extra addon that can be flashed after the rom is done? No deluxe one like from the 1.6 days?

**That was the last version of ThundeRom I used :\ Lego wasn't updated for VD update :\ **

Stagefright is deluxe. We changed the name to more appropriately reflect the change of the build.prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware