Delayed lock screen

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have a delayed lock screen? Every time I click on lock screen and the takes a couple of seconds for the lockscreen to come up.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean, after you press the sleep/wake button it takes a couple seconds for the lock screen to come up?

Do you have a SD card installed? If you do, remove it from the phone then test again. You may want to shut down and restart prior to starting again. I've read about this issue before, and some have seemed to have narrowed down to the way the phone interacts with the SD card when it moves from a sleep to a wake state.

interhawk1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean, after you press the sleep/wake button it takes a couple seconds for the lock screen to come up?

Do you have a SD card installed? If you do, remove it from the phone then test again. You may want to shut down and restart prior to starting again. I've read about this issue before, and some have seemed to have narrowed down to the way the phone interacts with the SD card when it moves from a sleep to a wake state.

Yeah I did this and did notice that the lockscreen came on much faster... Hmm I wonder why it does this

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I did this and did notice that the lockscreen came on much faster... Hmm I wonder why it does this

Not sure, but people know about it. Here was a post from some kind of Sprint guy on XDA ...

I'm a Sprint Launch Product Ambassador supporting the E4GT.

We are currently researching this but it appears to be tied to SD card use possibly a delay from reading the card. Screen timeout settings also could be a factor; my device is set to 30 and I experience minimal wake time lag even with an SD card installed.

What is the typical lag time for everyone experiencing this issue? 2 secs? More?

I'd imagine it will be fixed by an update from Samsung at some point, and definitely fixed by a custom ROM if you're willing to root and flash. You also may want to try setting your screen timeout to 30 seconds and see if it improves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo