[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Ouch.. well good luck :)
This is part of the reason I'm not using her build server yet. I feel that I'm a git noob, so I don't want to mess with any progress

I'll check with Leslie before I delete anything other than the build directory. I'll get it working

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
TDM would have far more knowledge about this than I would.
It could be something in how he set things up, I'm not sure, but regardless, he would be the one to discuss this with. While it's my server, I let him handle manage the build area since he knows it far better than I do. He has full access to do anything needed to be done.

On the other hand, I haven't heard of a bunch of problems between the half dozen or so people using it, so the nuke approach to fixing it is probably not the best method.

And Gannon, yes, they may have slightly less ability to just wipe things out and start over, but at the same time, you have several people who can help verify if there is a problem and how to fix it. And of course the speed and ability to offload the work to a computer other than your own is awesome. Yeah, there are tradeoffs, but in the long run it's far better.

This is why I have a file server. I do all I can to offload as much as I can from my desktop, leaving it free to do everything else. Torrents, builds, large downloads, stream a webcam, remote access, large file storage and more is all handled by a low wattage server (25 watts) that runs 24/7. Leaving my desktop free to game, use any OS, or even be turned off while the rest keeps going.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
TDM would have far more knowledge about this than I would.
It could be something in how he set things up, I'm not sure, but regardless, he would be the one to discuss this with. While it's my server, I let him handle manage the build area since he knows it far better than I do. He has full access to do anything needed to be done.

On the other hand, I haven't heard of a bunch of problems between the half dozen or so people using it, so the nuke approach to fixing it is probably not the best method.

And Gannon, yes, they may have slightly less ability to just wipe things out and start over, but at the same time, you have several people who can help verify if there is a problem and how to fix it. And of course the speed and ability to offload the work to a computer other than your own is awesome. Yeah, there are tradeoffs, but in the long run it's far better.

This is why I have a file server. I do all I can to offload as much as I can from my desktop, leaving it free to do everything else. Torrents, builds, large downloads, stream a webcam, remote access, large file storage and more is all handled by a low wattage server (25 watts) that runs 24/7. Leaving my desktop free to game, use any OS, or even be turned off while the rest keeps going.

Alright, thanks Leslie Ann. If I can't get it fixed I'll pm tdm. Hopefully bob knows how to fix it.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
On another hand- anybody getting this error?
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/recovery', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/recovery/root.ts'. Stop.

A lot of these errors are easy to fix for me as long as it doesn't involve the out folder. But this one does, so I'm somewhat lost.. lol

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
On another hand- anybody getting this error?
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/thunderc/obj/EXECUTABLES/recovery_intermediates/recovery', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/recovery/root.ts'. Stop.

A lot of these errors are easy to fix for me as long as it doesn't involve the out folder. But this one does, so I'm somewhat lost.. lol

Haven't ran Ito that yet. But mine looks about the same only it says SHARED_LIBRARIES instead of EXECUTABLES

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is the error im getting bob, or anyone that can help me out.

make: *** [out/target/product/thunderc/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/pmemalloc.o] Error 1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI - If you sync with CM to begin, then pull in tdm's device and vendor folders, then pull in mikegapinski's webrtc fix and tdm's cm/tools fix, you'll have a working build, remove the terminal and ROM Manager packages. ;)

Code:
mkdir -p ics
cd ics
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
repo sync

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_device_lge_thunderc.git
mkdir -p device/lge
mv tdm_device_lge_thunderc device/lge/thunderc

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc.git
mkdir -p vendor/lge
mv tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc vendor/lge/thunderc

// edit vendor_thunderc.mk to remove the terminal and ROM Managaer packages

// manually add in mikegapinski's webrtc fix

// manually add in tdm's cm/tools fix

. build/envsetup.sh
lunch 5
make bacon
From there, start to bring init.thunderc.rc and init.rc more inline with IHO's, add CdmaSMSDispatcher.java from the triumph as well as tdm's MMS hack, change the apns-conf settings for mcc and mnc and crib in IHO's mms_conf file.

This will give you a working build with offline-charging (still a bit buggy), working MMS, and pretty much everything else except camera/video.

What's really needed atm is a kernel with a working xt_qtaguid module. ;)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just FYI - If you sync with CM to begin, then pull in tdm's device and vendor folders, then pull in mikegapinski's webrtc fix and tdm's cm/tools fix, you'll have a working build, remove the terminal and ROM Manager packages. ;)

Code:
mkdir -p ics
cd ics
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b ics
repo sync

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_device_lge_thunderc.git
mkdir -p device/lge
mv tdm_device_lge_thunderc device/lge/thunderc

git clone git://github.com/tdm/tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc.git
mkdir -p vendor/lge
mv tdm_vendor_lge_thunderc vendor/lge/thunderc

// edit vendor_thunderc.mk to remove the terminal and ROM Managaer packages

// manually add in mikegapinski's webrtc fix

// manually add in tdm's cm/tools fix

. build/envsetup.sh
lunch 5
make bacon
From there, start to bring init.thunderc.rc and init.rc more inline with IHO's, add CdmaSMSDispatcher.java from the triumph as well as tdm's MMS hack, change the apns-conf settings for mcc and mnc and crib in IHO's mms_conf file.

This will give you a working build with offline-charging (still a bit buggy), working MMS, and pretty much everything else except camera/video.

What's really needed atm is a kernel with a working xt_qtaguid module. ;)

Alright. Ill do these things tonight. I might make a separate directory for syncing with cm

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No need for a seperate directory, that's what branches are all about. ;)

If you have a large enough harddrive, it's not a bad idea to keep separate trees, saves time when you make the inevitable mistakes that come with learning a new environment. And you can treat each as a separate repository, fetching/merging/pulling/pushing to/from each other.

Make three directories, one for each real repo you want to sync, and one for testing. In the testing one, create topic branches for the various things you want to change. Use git checkout to switch unpack the files for a particular topic branch (be sure all changes to the current branch have been committed or removed first, or you'll lose them). Then fetch/merge or pull in the changes you want to that branch.

Git makes a highly compressed snapshot of the files. When you checkout a branch, it unpacks that branch's files, replacing the current files. This allows you to switch between entire repositories by making each one a separate branch (so long as they share a common tree).

It also allows you to quickly discard large changes that did't work or you didn't like, allowing you to quickly return to a working base. For example, you can pull in changes to init to test out by making a topic branch for it, and still be able to quickly switch back to your working branch (gingerbread or ics) to pull in a change from CM or elsewhere without having to revert the changes to init. Once you are ready, you can merge the init branch into your working branch.

Once you get used to using branches and checkout, your worries become fewer, and your repairs become much easier. ;)

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
No need for a seperate directory, that's what branches are all about. ;)

If you have a large enough harddrive, it's not a bad idea to keep separate trees, saves time when you make the inevitable mistakes that come with learning a new environment. And you can treat each as a separate repository, fetching/merging/pulling/pushing to/from each other.

Make three directories, one for each real repo you want to sync, and one for testing. In the testing one, create topic branches for the various things you want to change. Use git checkout to switch unpack the files for a particular topic branch (be sure all changes to the current branch have been committed or removed first, or you'll lose them). Then fetch/merge or pull in the changes you want to that branch.

Git makes a highly compressed snapshot of the files. When you checkout a branch, it unpacks that branch's files, replacing the current files. This allows you to switch between entire repositories by making each one a separate branch (so long as they share a common tree).

It also allows you to quickly discard large changes that did't work or you didn't like, allowing you to quickly return to a working base. For example, you can pull in changes to init to test out by making a topic branch for it, and still be able to quickly switch back to your working branch (gingerbread or ics) to pull in a change from CM or elsewhere without having to revert the changes to init. Once you are ready, you can merge the init branch into your working branch.

Once you get used to using branches and checkout, your worries become fewer, and your repairs become much easier. ;)

Thanks for all your help jerry, bob and gannon. Ill do this tonight and see if I can get a working build :D

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
bobs fix helped for a little bit, but then i got this. and gannon your right about the out errors being a pain to fix..

make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar] Error 41

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I attached the error I got in Detail if needed. In brief, its:
Code:
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 1
I'm building from Kraven's ICS branch btw. Is it something to do with my Java version? Like I guess the process checks if I have all the components before initializing build, doesn't it?
This is my Java version
Code:
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

I tried looking for Sun java but got an error that that Sun Java is not available for amd64 computers :-\
Help me out please

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I attached the error I got in Detail if needed. In brief, its:
Code:
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 1
I'm building from Kraven's ICS branch btw. Is it something to do with my Java version? Like I guess the process checks if I have all the components before initializing build, doesn't it?
This is my Java version
Code:
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

I tried looking for Sun java but got an error that that Sun Java is not available for amd64 computers :-\
Help me out please
That looks almost exactly like sellers86, so try what Bob suggested,
In BoardConfig.mk, make sure to use BOARD_USES_QCOM_HARDWARE:=false

Bob

On another hand, we really should make a thread for noobs building ICS, although there is one for GB, that could help for ICS. Although, we already have enough ICS builds as it is and that increases the risk for people releasing other dev's builds. What do you guys think?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You need to scroll up higher above the error output and find the ^ symbol, it will show you were the actual error is. ;)

I use java on amd64 bit, just have to use the right apt-repository, I suggest maverick, first uninstall any other java jdk you have currently installed.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository "deb [url]http://archive.canonical.com/[/url] maverick partner"
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia