[DEVS ONLY] ics repo

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,

Code:
vamshi@ubuntu:~$ sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://archive.canonical.com/ maverick partner"
vamshi@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
sun-java6-jdk is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.

Should I set it as the default Java or something?

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
A little off topic: Instead of having us download the file, just use pastebin.com. I'm positive you've seen it before. Lol it takes literally ~5 seconds to paste it in and get your url

Never quite struck me. Will do that from now on :D

There's a few ways. Try typing in below and choose the sun java-6. Idk if oracle changed the names since though.

sudo update-alternatives --config java
sudo update-alternatives --config javac

Alternative ways...

Start from this section: Setup the default Java version

Ubuntu Linux Install Sun Java Development Kit ( JDK ) and Java Runtime Environment ( JRE )

Will do that now. And report back. I'm quite positive I have Sun java since I removed all other versions and when I try to install Sun Java with the commands Jerry gave me yesterday, system says I have the latest Sun Java Installed. I'll try it anyway.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, had updates to Linux and it screwed my wireless. fixed now.

Kraven, If you scroll down the page formt he link you gave me, the result I'm supposed to get at the end is

Code:
java version "1.6.0_03"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_03-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)

and I got

Code:
vamshi@ubuntu:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_06"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)
vamshi@ubuntu:~$

When I do
Code:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk

I get

Code:
vamshi@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
sun-java6-bin is already the newest version.
sun-java6-jre is already the newest version.
sun-java6-jdk is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

I somehow think, it's nothing to do with Java version. If I want to just start afresh, what folders no I need to delete completely and start? I might just try since gannon said he does when he has issue for more than 2 days.
I wasted 2 days with this error anyway. Thanks guys, for responding and helping me out.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I somehow think, it's nothing to do with Java version. If I want to just start afresh, what folders no I need to delete completely and start? I might just try since gannon said he does when he has issue for more than 2 days.
I wasted 2 days with this error anyway. Thanks guys, for responding and helping me out.

It has completely everything to do with the java version. I can tell you, and me2151 could confirm this, that I've had this problem, and it bugged the crap out of me. Like, I had to stop my high on development because this problem faced me. I really wish I could tell you what I did to fix it, but I did so much stuff I couldn't even tell you the first thing that I did.
Deleting and starting from fresh won't work here, unfortunately. As soon as you get back you're going to have the same problem stare you in the face. I believe that java might've gotten an update that makes it incompatible with building, and that's why these devs aren't familiar with what you're dealing with - because they've been developing for some time now. I can tell you that when I tried it back a few months (about 4-5) ago, I wasn't facing this problem, and that's when CM7 was just about coming out (kinda, lol)

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
That's disappointing. Anyway, copied the output to pastebin if someone wants to take a look.
can't find symbol seems to be repeating and Error 41 at the end in make output. :-\

Lets say, I want to try the IHO's GB instead of ICS. What folders do I need to delete, if I need to delete. (I have 24gb free space btw)

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's disappointing. Anyway, copied the output to pastebin if someone wants to take a look.
can't find symbol seems to be repeating and Error 41 at the end in make output. :-\

Lets say, I want to try the IHO's GB instead of ICS. What folders do I need to delete, if I need to delete. (I have 24gb free space btw)

have you already built ICS?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
this is mine, and I can build:
Code:
gannon@gannon-HP-G56-Notebook-PC:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_23"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11pre) (6b23~pre11-0ubuntu1.11.10.2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)
gannon@gannon-HP-G56-Notebook-PC:~$
It seems as if I'm using openjdk instead, I guess as an alternative

So try this:
Code:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre

If that doesn't work, try:
Code:
sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jdk openjdk-7-jre

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
gannon, I had OpenJDK before and I changed it to Sun JDK when Kraven told me to. Since you said, you could build with OpenJDK, i re-installed it and changed the default Java to OpenJDK and yet, the same error occurs :(
Is there a place of larger people where this might get answered. If nothing works, I might do a fresh Linux install and try again :-\

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
gannon, I'm trying my luck with Bob's repo. Is there anything specific I need to do?
I used the link you posted on 1st page for bob's repo and after repo sync, followed the instruction on page 2 by Bob. It's building now, not sure of the outcome.
What should I be doing next if therez anything I need to do?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
gannon, I'm trying my luck with Bob's repo. Is there anything specific I need to do?
I used the link you posted on 1st page for bob's repo and after repo sync, followed the instruction on page 2 by Bob. It's building now, not sure of the outcome.
What should I be doing next if therez anything I need to do?

Nothing necessarily. Lol just a repo sync. But beware, I would recommend using thekraven's repo, because that's specific for the Optimus S

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Nothing necessarily. Lol just a repo sync. But beware, I would recommend using thekraven's repo, because that's specific for the Optimus S

Yeah I know. As I was getting those errors repeatedly despite switching between SunJDK and OpenJDK, I wanted to check if my computer can build from any repo at all. If it does, the error has nothing to do with the system right?

How is the CNA port (building from source) coming? I wish I could learn Git by now, would have started the same with your help. Oh well, patience is what I need I guess, lol. :D

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I know. As I was getting those errors repeatedly despite switching between SunJDK and OpenJDK, I wanted to check if my computer can build from any repo at all. If it does, the error has nothing to do with the system right?

How is the CNA port (building from source) coming? I wish I could learn Git by now, would have started the same with your help. Oh well, patience is what I need I guess, lol. :D

Well I've set up my repo to where you can build CNA from it. So if you want to build that, just build from my source. Wifi is borked, but I'm looking into that :)

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I've set up my repo to where you can build CNA from it. So if you want to build that, just build from my source. Wifi is borked, but I'm looking into that :)

That's good news. Congrats on the success bro :) . Did you successfully build from it then?
I donno if I mentioned before but I want to learn the same, setting up repository, fork required files from other repos, update changes and maintain it. Might be a long way before I do that but that's what I want to learn once my system builds from any repo. I could always build from your source though, in the mean time :D

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That's good news. Congrats on the success bro :) . Did you successfully build from it then?
I donno if I mentioned before but I want to learn the same, setting up repository, fork required files from other repos, update changes and maintain it. Might be a long way before I do that but that's what I want to learn once my system builds from any repo. I could always build from your source though, in the mean time :D

Well it was easy, yet time consuming. All I really had to do was open the default.xml and edit the place where it got the files from. For example:
I changed:

Code:
<project path="frameworks/base" name="gannon5197/android_frameworks_base" />

to
Code:
<project path="frameworks/base" name="CNA/android_frameworks_base" revision="mod" />

ALSO: you're going to want to do the same with some of the apps.

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This is the error I get when building from Bob's. Any ideas?

Code:
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL ERROR:
Exception in thread "main" make: *** [out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/framework_intermediates/noproguard.classes-with-local.dex] Error 1

Ran lunch as eng and got this http://pastebin.com/GsTsHSHr

EDIT: Ok, I'm going ahead and reinstaling the whole OS again. Lets see how it goes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali