Difference between between Note Edge+ and Note 5

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I sold my Note 4 because I got sick of the lag it had. I am very sensitive to lag. I got a BlackBerry Passport instead but I regret it so much, yes it does have a phsyical keyboard like I always wanted, but the keyboard lay out is so weird and when you wanna type in numbers or symbols you need to pull up the virtual keyboard so I found myself actually typing slower than when I used to type on a touch screen.

So now I wanna sell it and get a Note 5 but here in Dubai they only get the 32GB version which is not enough for me, I need at least 64GB of storage space. They do however have the S6 Edge Plus 64GB.

According to the sales rep, she said the only diff. between the 2 is the lack of S-Pen on the S6 Edge Plus which I couldn't care less about since I never ever used my S-Pen on the Note 4.

Other than that, specs wise, when it comes to the camera, speed, are they the same or is the Note 5 better in any other way in terms of hardware?

Does the S6 Edge plus also have Android 5.1.1 out of the box like the Note 5 and does it have the cool shortcut to launch the camera in a sec using the home key double tap like the Note 5?

I really wanted the Note 5 64GB as I already bought a Ballistic case for it but when I called an online retailer on Amazon.com he said they don't have them in stock yet and even when they do, he is not sure I would get LTE speeds here in Dubai depending on the bands we use.

Please tell me shall I buy the Note 6 Edge Plus or is there something better coming soon for me to wait?

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I sold my Note 4 because I got sick of the lag it had. I am very sensitive to lag. I got a BlackBerry Passport instead but I regret it so much, yes it does have a phsyical keyboard like I always wanted, but the keyboard lay out is so weird and when you wanna type in numbers or symbols you need to pull up the virtual keyboard so I found myself actually typing slower than when I used to type on a touch screen.

So now I wanna sell it and get a Note 5 but here in Dubai they only get the 32GB version which is not enough for me, I need at least 64GB of storage space. They do however have the S6 Edge Plus 64GB.

According to the sales rep, she said the only diff. between the 2 is the lack of S-Pen on the S6 Edge Plus which I couldn't care less about since I never ever used my S-Pen on the Note 4.

Other than that, specs wise, when it comes to the camera, speed, are they the same or is the Note 5 better in any other way in terms of hardware?

Does the S6 Edge plus also have Android 5.1.1 out of the box like the Note 5 and does it have the cool shortcut to launch the camera in a sec using the home key double tap like the Note 5?

I really wanted the Note 5 64GB as I already bought a Ballistic case for it but when I called an online retailer on Amazon.com he said they don't have them in stock yet and even when they do, he is not sure I would get LTE speeds here in Dubai depending on the bands we use.

Please tell me shall I buy the Note 6 Edge Plus or is there something better coming soon for me to wait?

I had the Note 5 and now the Edge+. Like you, I don't use the S-Pen so there was really no benefit for me to keep the Note 5.

The Edge+ is just as good in every way as far as speed, camera, hardware, etc. Both devices run the same verson of Android (5.1.1, although both the Note 5 and the Edge+ received two updates already from T-Mobile)

As far as speed in Dubai, wouldn't know (I'm in California, US), but both phones performed the same for me. Hope this info helps you.

As for me, I like the Edge+ way more. Looks better IMO and it's a lot lighter than the Note 5.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 5 and now the Edge+. Like you, I don't use the S-Pen so there was really no benefit for me to keep the Note 5.

The Edge+ is just as good in every way as far as speed, camera, hardware, etc. Both devices run the same verson of Android (5.1.1, although both the Note 5 and the Edge+ received two updates already from T-Mobile)

As far as speed in Dubai, wouldn't know (I'm in California, US), but both phones performed the same for me. Hope this info helps you.

As for me, I like the Edge+ way more. Looks better IMO and it's a lot lighter than the Note 5.

Thanks, I told my wife to buy me the Edge+ 64GB Gold Color

Now time to fish for tempered glass online as they don''t have tempered glass for this phone in Dubai since it's still new

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I would avoid any tempered glass for the Edge+. I rock mine naked but if you absolutely need a screen protector, stick to the PET films as the glass ones never seem to work right for the Edge phones from what I've read on the net.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I would avoid any tempered glass for the Edge+. I rock mine naked but if you absolutely need a screen protector, stick to the PET films as the glass ones never seem to work right for the Edge phones from what I've read on the net.

oops I saw your message a bit late, unfortunately I already ordered this screen protector:

Galaxy S6 Edge+ Screen Protector Curved Crystal – Spigen Inc.

With this case (the gold color one):

Galaxy S6 Edge+ Case Slim Armor – Spigen Inc.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
That's OK, that's a PET film, so you're good to go

ohh great! what a relief.....

sorry for being such a n00b but what's PET and what's the difference between PET and Tempered glass?

I was always under the impression that tempered glass is best because when I had an iToy 6, people used to tell me if you have a normal screen protector and it drops, the glass would be shattered, hence why everyone recommended tempered glass

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Tempered glass IS better, because it's glass. So the feel is better, the protection is better, the look is better. PET is a polymer based film (i.e. a type of plastic) that will prevent most scratches but offers little to no impact protection. It also causes a slight drag when running your finger across the screen as it is not as smooth as glass, but it's not a big deal. The reason tempered glass isn't going to be good for the Edge series is due to the curved edges of the screen. Most manufacturers won't spend the engineering R&D to make the perfect screen protector since there will be a new phone in 6 months to a year anyway. The money just isn't there

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They are both exactly the same phone except the Note 5 has the S Pen and the Edge Plus has a curves screen. Initially I wanted a Note 5 but in Canada they don't sell them with 64GB so I bought the Edge Plus. Edge Plus is a great phone... and the curved screen makes it feel much smaller in the hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
They are both exactly the same phone except the Note 5 has the S Pen and the Edge Plus has a curves screen. Initially I wanted a Note 5 but in Canada they don't sell them with 64GB so I bought the Edge Plus. Edge Plus is a great phone... and the curved screen makes it feel much smaller in the hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

ahh so it's not just Dubai that don't sell the 64GB version. I'm sure all those 32GB Note 5s will be left collecting dust on the stores' shelves because people who usually opt for a Note phone are power users, 32GB will get filled up quickly with a few high quality photos + apps.....

64GB FTW

I am so happy with my S6 Edge+ been using it for 2 days now, this is a beast! no lag like the Note 4 at all, everything is instantaneous