Disable notification icon for widgetlocker?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I just installed widgetlicker and I like most of it so far. But it bugs me to no end that it always puts a notfication icon to let you know its running. First off if you use it, its probably on all the time so ypu don't really need an icon to yell you of something that us on 100% of the time. Second any time you wake your phone it is really obvious if it is running. And if you are not waking your phone it doesn't really matter. There is only so much space on that bar and having this icon on there all the time is just a waste....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Eric White

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
just downloaded Widget Locker (2/2/13) 2.3.2r1Pro....apparently that option is removed because I still cant get rid of the stupid icon. It's crammed in the corner It's enough to make me uninstall and eat the $3 I spent. Frustrating

Hannah Lau

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey I had this issue too but then I realized that I had checked settings > advanced > show notification icon. Oddly enough, it didn't start showing up until a few hours after I had checked this box, which made it difficult to figure out that this was what caused it to happen. But I unchecked it and toggled widgetlocker on and off, and it fixed the issue.

imadf

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
me too... thanks!
because of the many options (which frankly half work :() it's easy to miss this one. otherwise i had WL for a year and i like it the best, from amongst the many many half a$$ screen lockers / launchers...