Do you see Pixel 4's in your everyday life? (Spotted! First one since launch!)

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in LA, and it's all iPhone with an occasional Samsung. A buddy of mine has a Pixel 2, but that's it!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just not a popular phone among the mass .like everyone been saying Samsung or iPhone pretty much what's out there .

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just not a popular phone among the mass .like everyone been saying Samsung or iPhone pretty much what's out there .

Unfortunately that is the case! I'm eagerly awaiting the Pixel 5 line. If they bring an in-display fingerprint scanner to the mix, I'll definitely consider it!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Absolutely. I am really hoping they put in an in-display fingerprint reader. The lack of that and the price were the two reasons why I didn't buy the Pixel 4.
If they can use both fingerprint in display and face id that would be great , give options to who likes what best .

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
If they can use both fingerprint in display and face id that would be great , give options to who likes what best .
I'd agree with that. The lack of apps using face ID is annoying. It feels like going backwards with no biometric logon. Someone got an Amex update to face ID but it hasn't shown up on my device. I am using Bitwarden but it is a poor substitute for biometrics.

I love my 4XL. It is a super phone. Fast and smooth. Battery life a little poor, but I am at home all day and can charge it ok. I always top it up before I go out though. I never had to do that with my 2XL.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'd agree with that. The lack of apps using face ID is annoying. It feels like going backwards with no biometric logon. Someone got an Amex update to face ID but it hasn't shown up on my device. I am using Bitwarden but it is a poor substitute for biometrics.

I love my 4XL. It is a super phone. Fast and smooth. Battery life a little poor, but I am at home all day and can charge it ok. I always top it up before I go out though. I never had to do that with my 2XL.
Yeah they should have had this App's for face Id log in already ready when it first launched.

scmurphy13

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Two of my co-workers have Pixels. One has a 4 XL and the other has a 3. I've also seen a few here and there around town.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I agree that it does feel like it's going a step backwards if app support is so limited. I also feel like something as unique and consistent as my fingerprint will work better and more efficiently than Face ID.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
There were three co-workers that have pixels so far. Own has a pixel 3a and the other I'm not sure and the last one had a pixel 2 but I'm guessing his broke because he has now moved to the Note 10.