Do you see Pixel 4's in your everyday life? (Spotted! First one since launch!)

WontonSoup

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The last time I saw someone with a Pixel phone besides me was at a Dell survey, I had the Pixel 3, she had the 1st gen Pixel. It's extremely rare sighting for me.

Ampo2222

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
My coworker has the 2XL, myself the 4XL. That's it in a group of 18 people. I have seen the odd one out and about but then I'm always looking to see if I can guess which phones people have.

hvanderw

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
I stated with the original XL and just replaced it last month with a 3 XL. The first one was and still is a great phone the battery lasted all day 99% of the time.
The newer 3XL is very nice so far but I do notice the battery does not last quit as long but still tweaking it. I don't see many Pixels out there either but the ones I do see the owner really like them.

cadams14#AC

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Unless you are in the tech industry or a fan, then I'd say NO. They are unicorns amongst the masses. Most never heard of them and never seen. Alot of that has to do with Google in all there sheer advertising advantages, they do not push it very hard to the masses like Apple does with their IPhone!

Koda2_00

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
In the Toronto area I've actually seen Pixels quite a few times. Even in my group of friends there is a few Pixels. Only one Pixel 4 however. Pixels in general though, yeah I see them often.

Omen862

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
Many of my friends were on the easy choice that was Apple...and I don't push Android on those folks because you like what you like...however I have won a few over to Pixel after they saw and used mine. I also have won several people away from lg and Samsung once they played with my unlock features and my camera. TBH Google may not be too dog with the Pixel, but they are gaining ground.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Times Square NYC. I work in a pretty tech savvy environment, there are three other folks on my floor who have a Pixel 3/XL. That said, there must be around 120 folks on my floor. Outside of here, I've only see one or two others. No Pixel 4s yet.

RobertSTI

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
I have started seeing more pixels in the wild. I have had every generation of the pixel (currently have the 4) Two of my co-workers just picked up 4XLs. The other day when picking something up from GameStop an employee had a 4XL. I go to Disney World pretty often (at least once a month) and see one almost everytime I go. Obviously the amount of iPhones and Samsung's dominate, but I have started to see more Pixels in the wild.

Edit: ALSO just to point out Henry Cavill uses a Pixel. I follow him on Instagram and notice this. We may not have many famous people using Pixels, but at least we have Superman/Geralt.

Eevee Austin

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
So I do so a few pixel phones
I had a pixel XL myself, it worked flawlessly for. I had to upgrade, cracked display, and I bought a pixel 3 xl. And I hate it, it's a piece of junk! And I'm on the fi network it's making me seriously considering a move to iPhone.
And that's a hard pill for me to swallow,!

bigdawg4714

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
I'm starting to think I'm the only person in the Atlanta GA area that's using a Pixel 4 XL only had it for about two weeks so I'm constantly looking to see if someone else has it. I work with two people that use the 3 XL but they're not into phones and tech the way I am to them it's just a phone

Yuno Gueto

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
I am currently traveling in South America and I have seen a Pixel 3 and a few Pixel 2's, travelers like them for their photo quality.
It makes giving up a DSLR easier, in South America where carrying a bulky camera & lens is not the smartest option security wise, a Pixel phone is a good second choice.

Etascha Johnson

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
So far I've only spotted one other than mine here in the ATL area and that was at work. I saw a co-worker on the elevator with one before I'd purchased mine (I was waiting for the price to drop - $200). I knew what it was immediately and asked him how he liked it. He said it was life changing since he upgraded from a 2. I wouldn't have upgraded from a 3xl but I cracked my screen. I'd only had it a year.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So far I've only spotted one other than mine here in the ATL area and that was at work. I saw a co-worker on the elevator with one before I'd purchased mine (I was waiting for the price to drop - $200). I knew what it was immediately and asked him how he liked it. He said it was life changing since he upgraded from a 2. I wouldn't have upgraded from a 3xl but I cracked my screen. I'd only had it a year.

Life-changing, wow! That's a pretty awesome way to give a short review!

sperrygeer

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I work at a car dealership and constantly have to sync customer's phone to Bluetooth. I see tons of iPhone and Samsung but a do see Pixels now and then.