Do you use a work profile on your Note 10? Does it communicate with Galaxy Watch?

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I posted this a couple of weeks ago in the watch forums and received no responses, so figured I would reach out here.

Does anyone know if notifications from a secure work profile (outlook specifically) will flow to any wearables? I still have my $150 Samsung credit and would like to purchase either an Watch Active 2 or a Galaxy Watch, but work profile notifications are a deal breaker for me!

Thanks.... And I apologize for posting both here and the watch forums.... I'm just really hoping for an answer!

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I am referring to a work profile. I suppose it is similar to a secure folder. Anything I do in my work profile goes through a VPN for my work. If that makes sense?

Attachments

• 3193.jpg
    3193.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 34

jimboblarry

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
I have the Note 10+ along with Galaxy Watch Active 2 and a work profile on my phone. I do get notifications from my work profile Outlook on my phone (both for email and meetings). I believe I had to turn on notifications for Outlook in the Galaxy Wearables app.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't see this option in settings.

I don't see it either. It is an enterprise function, so I'm thinking that your company's IT department would have to give you the info to enable it. Keep in mind, if you do that, you give your company control over your phone. It can wipe your phone remotely if it feels company info was compromised, or if you quit or are terminated.

My company uses Google email and cloud services, so all I had to do was add my company account to both the phone and to Outlook. I have access to my company's GDrive service and email.

jimboblarry

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
For me, under settings there is a Work profile section. In there is an option to turn the work profile off.

And I would note that I believe a work profile only gives your company access to the Work profile section of your phone. They cannot erase your entire phone, just the work profile area.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
For me, under settings there is a Work profile section. In there is an option to turn the work profile off.

And I would note that I believe a work profile only gives your company access to the Work profile section of your phone. They cannot erase your entire phone, just the work profile area.

Nope. Don't have that setting. The reason I said that the company could wipe your phone was that I got that warning when I set up a work profile from my previous company. My previous company used Microsoft services.

I guess it depends on how your company implements its BYOD policy. Some may be more strict than others.

jimboblarry

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
According to this, https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/6191949?hl=en, they cannot access your personal apps or data. Of course, this is assuming it is a personal device and not a fully managed device (company owned).

The company I work for also uses Microsoft services through Office 365 and Microsoft Intune. But it clearly integrates and uses the Work profile stuff in Android.

BTW, here are is where I see the settings I'm talking about above:

Screenshot_20191106-165457_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191106-165523_Workspace.jpg

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
According to this, https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/6191949?hl=en, they cannot access your personal apps or data. Of course, this is assuming it is a personal device and not a fully managed device (company owned).

The company I work for also uses Microsoft services through Office 365 and Microsoft Intune. But it clearly integrates and uses the Work profile stuff in Android.

BTW, here are is where I see the settings I'm talking about above:

That setting is missing completely from my phone. I'm not sure I want it though.

I have the Google Apps Device Policy installed. That syncs with my company's services.

It says:

"Device is managed by your organization.

Administrators can set policies and remotely wipe the device."

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
It probably depends on what enterprise solution your company uses, and how it is implemented. Like I said previously, some companies have stricter BYOD policies than others.

jimboblarry

Nov 6, 2019
Visit site
I don't have a work profile on my unlocked Exynos model either, must be on enterprise software models only

My device was purchased directly from Samsung by myself. The Work profile stuff only showed up after I got Microsoft Intune on my phone and logged into my company through it. When you guys bring up all apps, do you have Personal and Work tabs at the bottom? I do and when I go into the Work area, I only see the apps that were installed by my company. I'm wondering if your companies are even using the Work profile stuff from Android Enterprise.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
My device was purchased directly from Samsung by myself. The Work profile stuff only showed up after I got Microsoft Intune on my phone and logged into my company through it. When you guys bring up all apps, do you have Personal and Work tabs at the bottom? I do and when I go into the Work area, I only see the apps that were installed by my company. I'm wondering if your companies are even using the Work profile stuff from Android Enterprise.

Ah...

Your company uses Microsoft as its enterprise solution. Mine does not, it uses Google; which uses Google Apps Device Policy. Therefore, even if I installed Microsoft Intune, I wouldn't get the work settings.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just for the fun of it installed Microsoft Intune which prompts you to install Company Portal, from there on you need a license purchased by your company for further setup, but it do looks like it will just be a partiton that can the be controlled by your It department, not the whole device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45