Work app notifications not showing up on when paired w/non-Samsung phone

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I previously used the Galaxy Watch (Bluetooth) with a Samsung phone, and after much searching, found a way for work apps (Android for Work/Intune) like my work email, Duo/Two factor, etc. to show up in the list of apps in Samsung Gear's notifications list.

I figured out how to get them to show up with the Samsung phone (Settings/Work Profile/Data & Notifications /Applications). But on non-Samsung phones, these settings don't exist, and I can't see any of my work apps.

So I can't use my Galaxy Watch and receive any useful work app notifications such as appointment reminders, and emails. The phone I'm using it with now is the OnePlus 7 Pro, but I've tried it with others too. It doesn't seem to work. For the record, our company uses Intune Company Portal to create Work Profile apps that are in a separate profile to the rest of your apps. Wear OS does show these notifications if you allow it.

Thanks

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What did you do to get work profile notifications to show on watch? I'm thinking of getting a Galaxy Watch, but haven't yet because I want to make sure that my outlook in my work profile flows to the watch. Thanks!

snottydog

Aug 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi Have have a Huawei P20 Pro and a Huawei watch and my company has implemented Microsoft Intune so now I have two profiles and neither of which wil send notifications to the watch - I have a brand new Samsung Note 10 and Samsung Galaxy watch but don't want to "break the seal" and transfer everything over if the phone and watch are not going to work correctly with Outlook emails notifying and appearing on the watch - can you confirm that it should be OK and if so how you configured it?
thanks

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi Have have a Huawei P20 Pro and a Huawei watch and my company has implemented Microsoft Intune so now I have two profiles and neither of which wil send notifications to the watch - I have a brand new Samsung Note 10 and Samsung Galaxy watch but don't want to "break the seal" and transfer everything over if the phone and watch are not going to work correctly with Outlook emails notifying and appearing on the watch - can you confirm that it should be OK and if so how you configured it?
thanks
I’ve switched to the iPhone, so it’s been a while. But as of last year November, it worked for me with the Samsung Note 10+ and Galaxy Watch. The trick with Samsung is that they do have extra settings for Work Profile apps.

Under Settings, search for “Work Profile”, then in the Work Profile screen scroll down to “Notifications and data,” and then select “App Notifications.” You’ll then see all of your work apps and you can select which ones you want to receive notifications for. They show up on the Lock Screen with data and on the watch automatically, and with Outlook and Slack at least, you can respond from the watch. Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61