Does anyone think Moto will honor the warranty after Unlocking the Bootloader?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bootloader and Warranty

Oh, come on Motorola...get it together.

Someone else asked if unlocking the Bootloader on the Pure would void the warranty, and they were told no. 😡
😡
uploadfromtaptalk1441973352462.png

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

Here is another chat that someone in the Moto X community on G+ did. Same answer, that it won't void the warranty.

uploadfromtaptalk1441974342211.PNG

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Maybe someone else who has unlocked can let us know...maybe something is just goofed up with my account.

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Mine just got delivered... What to do..

There's not much you can do right now with an unlocked bootloader as far as i know so you might as well wait it out. At least until we have TWRP ported and you can actually root. Maybe by then Moto will pass along a definite answer.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I'll probably wait it out too. I was disappointed that my phone won't be delivered till Monday, but, as of now, there is no official root or custom recovery.

I don't even know if the stock firmware images have been posted. As much as I want to start playing with the phone, it doesn't make sense to retire my Nexus 6 just yet.

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

Several of us with 2014 Pure's have Motorola on record via chats that unlocking the bootloader on that phone would not void any warranty.