Does my home screen look too busy?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol u gotta make use of folders Bro! Wish I could help ya... I always think it's good to keep ur HS clean and use a second page for apps

e9ysahez.jpg

3y4uzy7e.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't stand having a screen full of icons....my #1 complaint with iPhone. But go with whatever works for you. I keep mine very minimal but still functional.

nexus4-smph-G0qf5d.png

The widget has 5 hotspots that link to my alarm clock, calendar, Google Keep, Music app and Voice search. I also use SwipePad which gives me hotspots on the edge of the screen to access my most used apps, there's a simple weather widget at the bottom and a double tap on the screen opens the app drawer.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I can't stand having a screen full of icons....my #1 complaint with iPhone. But go with whatever works for you. I keep mine very minimal but still functional.

View attachment 125863

The widget has 5 hotspots that link to my alarm clock, calendar, Google Keep, Music app and Voice search. I also use SwipePad which gives me hotspots on the edge of the screen to access my most used apps, there's a simple weather widget at the bottom and a double tap on the screen opens the app drawer.

well on an iphone the HS can be filled with useless apps....I don't see the advantage of having a clean screen to open a folder and dig around for something I want or to go to the next page etc.....

This way I can open my phone and bam, there's my music, bam, there's facebook....maps...etc...

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Purely aesthetics and personal preference....like I said go with what works for you. With the widgets I use, it jumps right into the app just as if you had hit the app icon, but it just gives it a cleaner more uniform look that I prefer.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why do you think it's a good idea to keep your HS clean? Not saying it isn't, but why do you think that?

Because you can enjoy the beauty of wallpaper! I personally think the first thing you see when you unlock the phone (the first HS) should have the basic information you need like the time, date, etc, and the apps you use in the dock. The other pages can be cluttered with other stuff u want

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
if you like it and don't find it too busy, it's fine! :) I saw the "Greenville Ave" yesterday and wondered if that was the Greenville Ave in Dallas. Then saw "Dallas" on the temp app. I'm 60 miles east of Dallas :)

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
if you like it and don't find it too busy, it's fine! :) I saw the "Greenville Ave" yesterday and wondered if that was the Greenville Ave in Dallas. Then saw "Dallas" on the temp app. I'm 60 miles east of Dallas :)

Yep Dallas, TX. Love it. so what city you in? Longview/Tyler?

- - - Updated - - -

Because you can enjoy the beauty of wallpaper! I personally think the first thing you see when you unlock the phone (the first HS) should have the basic information you need like the time, date, etc, and the apps you use in the dock. The other pages can be cluttered with other stuff u want

What is the difference between the HS and the dock? I don't think I understand what dock is....

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The dock is the bottom row (where you have your phone, email, camera and Chrome). It stays in place when you swipe between homescreens so that those apps are always right there.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 125863

Not to divert this thread elsewhere - but I'm loving this interface. May I find out what apps you are using?

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Not to divert this thread elsewhere - but I'm loving this interface. May I find out what apps you are using?

The main widget is called Jack Clock by BlackBearBlanc. (http://blackbearblanc/storenvy.com - I don't see it listed anymore but he's super cool and if you email him I'm positive he'd tell you where to get it.). It works with UCCW so you'd have to download that too. You can set it so the different icons on the widget point to whatever app you want.

The weather widget is Eye In Sky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones