Does the Moto G Power have vibrate on notification?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just got this new phone and I couldn't find any setting to set vibrate on notification (for incoming messages, emails, reminders, etc). It was absent in both the general Sound settings and in various app specific Notification settings. The only vibrate setting is for incoming calls.

What tipped me off even more was that in the Tasker app, the "Vibrate on Notify" is blacked out and when I try to select that task, a message appears saying "Sorry, that action is unavailable on this device."

So does the Moto G Power lack this feature?

Currently updated to Android version 10 (QPMS30.80-51-5).

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Android 10 came with new options for the notifications and in some apps you need to dig a bit deeper to enable the vibration.

For example, try this with the Messages app. Go to settings - apps & notifications - select Messages - notifications - tap "Incoming messages" (the text, not the toggle) - make sure to set it as "Important" and then you'll get the option for Vibrate. Tell us how it goes.Screenshot_20200816-233041.jpegScreenshot_20200816-233116.jpeg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
OP here, created a temporary account for a reply.

Thanks @Javier P, that worked. I guess I have to do that for each app that I want to vibrate on notify. It seems very odd that the moto g power doesn't have a universal setting for it in the default settings though, I guess it's time to submit device feedback haha.

@B. Diddy Sorry for creating a temporary account. I had/have an android central account but for some reason the captcha verification system to reset a forgotten password on mobile nation passport is broken so I can't access my old account.
Excellent. Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware