Does the Note 8 rear camera filter infared light?

Mhal201945

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
Yeah. It looks like you've been had.

Looks like you just need to return the favor.

I don't know who it was. They are sophisticated though. A few weeks after this video he or she took control of my cursor while I was doing some updating World of Tanks and they continued to open all of the programs on the task bar. They did this for 6 minutes. Irecorded it and looked at the video closely and I noticed they tried to edit a file name using F2.

Mhal201945

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
I don't know who it was. They are sophisticated though. A few weeks after this video he or she took control of my cursor while I was doing some updating World of Tanks and they continued to open all of the programs on the task bar. They did this for 6 minutes. Irecorded it and looked at the video closely and I noticed they tried to edit a file name using F2.

They tried to make it look like a ghost or poltergeist but the F2 file name edit gave the game away. I changed all my passwords and made my network password very strong.

Mhal201945

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site

What can you see that gives away video editing? To me it looks like a tranasposed image because if you look at the space between the arm and body, you don't see the area behind the entity.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site

If that is the case, you need to scan your system for malware. You haven't hoaxed. You've been hacked. Somebody taking control of your system remotely is no laughing matter.

Mhal201945

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
I contacted Mindak, my company's tech support, and we ran programs looking for malware. Two threats were removed but we didn't know what they were. The tech guy thought it was my mouse just going haywire. I did some research and I thought it was a mouse jacking. However, they could have hacked the remote access program tech support uses to work on my computer when needed. But, that program wasn't being used during the cursor movement.
If that is the case, you need to scan your system for malware. You haven't hoaxed. You've been hacked. Somebody taking control of your system remotely is no laughing matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't help you with the hacking (that's difficult enough to do hands-on), but to see if your phone's camera can see IR, aim a TV remote at it (while the camera app is running, of course) and press a button. If the camera can see IR, you should see the LED flickering (which you can't see with your eye, because it's IR). Most phones can "see" into IR.

That doesn't mean that you got a picture of something that's transparent in visible light but visible in IR. If it were invisible except in IR, it would look black in visible light, not transparent.

Mhal201945

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for this feedback. It is very useful.
I can't help you with the hacking (that's difficult enough to do hands-on), but to see if your phone's camera can see IR, aim a TV remote at it (while the camera app is running, of course) and press a button. If the camera can see IR, you should see the LED flickering (which you can't see with your eye, because it's IR). Most phones can "see" into IR.

That doesn't mean that you got a picture of something that's transparent in visible light but visible in IR. If it were invisible except in IR, it would look black in visible light, not transparent.