Downside of carrier vs unlocked from google

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah again if this was going to be my primary phone I probably wouldn't but, this will be a toying phone and a phone to use when I don't want to carry my fold³.
Cool. That's what I'm doing too. The fold is cumbersome sometimes. Pixel might be great for that, plus as a camera.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
So you are telling me that the Pixel from TMO has no TMO boot animation, TMO apps and TMO does not have the hand in "optimizing" the software for there network?

Correct. At least, that was my experience with my 3aXL and I expect it to be the same with my 6 Pro.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
So you are telling me that the Pixel from TMO has no TMO boot animation, TMO apps and TMO does not have the hand in "optimizing" the software for there network?

But it will be locked to T-mobile

Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Postpaid plans

The device must have been active on the T‑Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
If the device was financed or leased through T‑Mobile then all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full.
If the device is associated with a canceled account, then the account balance must be zero.
T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
See attached screenshot of the breakdown
b09f03d9209d3c9cb0757f2ff1bd8933.jpg

Is that full credit available only because you have the Magenta plan?

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The first 5 smartphones I owned were bootloader carrier locked. When I switched to Nexus and later Pixel I get unlocked all the way. Google offers financing too. I prefer unlocked.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The first 5 smartphones I owned were bootloader carrier locked. When I switched to Nexus and later Pixel I get unlocked all the way. Google offers financing too. I prefer unlocked.
I usually buy unlocked as well and usually don't buy carrier phones however, I can't pass up free, we'll I believer when everything is said and done I will have to end up paying like 90 bucks because of taxes and shipping.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I want the Sorta Sunny, but not at only 128GB. I'm thinking (or hoping) at an updated model, maybe the speculated but unconfirmed 6a, will offer the option for more storage.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
This is all true, but the minute I paid off my 3aXL the phone unlocked within minutes no issues. It was past 40 days, though.

MarcusAlan

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
Okay, I'm really happy for the successful tmo users. Actually, I wish I could use it here, but all my google searches show that VZ really is the best in Phoenix. Do you know if there's any trial period where I could try tmo, but more importantly, seamlessly go back to VZ if it doesn't work well for me.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I'm really happy for the successful tmo users. Actually, I wish I could use it here, but all my google searches show that VZ really is the best in Phoenix. Do you know if there's any trial period where I could try tmo, but more importantly, seamlessly go back to VZ if it doesn't work well for me.
No clue. They used to have a test drive program, but have no idea if that is still around. Stop in a store and ask. They used to give you a leaner phone and give you a temp number for 14 days or something like that. Can't hurt.

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
You know I am. In what life time will I get that for my OP 8t+ again

"OnePlus" is just a household name at this point. I doubt it will ever have the same level of clout again. IMO the best and maybe last oneplus device to come from was the 7t

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I could have got it for free as well from T-Mobile (with Pixel 5 trade in), but I couldn’t do it. I hate the carriers and never buy carrier version, even though with Pixel and iPhone it’s not that big of a deal. Went as usual with Google store unlocked, now if only damn Google can ship my phone please

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45