Draft mails disappeared

Walton Tan

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Need advice to retrieve important draft mails that disappeared.

1. Does rooting device help?
2. Any 3rd party recovery software?
3. Chance of retrieval ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure of I can give a definite answer, sorry. If you were using the Gmail app, I could've told you where to look, but I'm not sure if drafts in the stock email app can be recovered.

Do you use a POP3 or IMAP email server? I think using a POP3 server would make recovering a draft virtually impossible, since POP3 doesn't sync folders at all. It might be possible with an IMAP server, but the folders have to be mapped correctly. http://superuser.com/questions/2036...allow-the-drafts-and-trash-folders-to-sync-wi

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you give more details of what happened around the time they disappeared? Were you working on the drafts, then powered down the phone? Or did the Email app unexpectedly close while you were working on a draft?

I probably won't have a definitive answer, but at least this information might help others give you a better answer.

Walton Tan

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Apologise for the late reply. I've gathered the answers to your questions.

1. I wasn't working on the drafts.
2. On rare occasions, the phone reboots itself.

Despite the rare occasion of self reboot, the drafts are still there only just a few weeks back when I go back to the draft mails i do not see anything anymore.

I'm sure that I did not accidentally delete it and that I have a total of about 70 drafts.

That said, may I know how did it disappear and is there any possibility that it still exist somewhere in the phone/system that I can still retrieve it?

Thanks.

mft99

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi Walton, I had/still have a similar problem. We messaged each last fall but had no luck at the time. Were you ever able to retrieve your lost draft emails? I haven't given up hope, I had a lot of drafts, dumb of me, but still trying to see if they are somewhere on the phone that I can retrieve, even in a raw text format, anything, would be fine. Any luck on your end?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy