Droid 2 Refurb Hell

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had problems with my Droid 2 for about 2 months now. My first phone wouldn't come out of sleep mode. They replaced it with a "certified like new replacement" and the 2nd phone (1st replacement) constantly rebooted itself. It rebooted itself like 30 times in an hour once! Ridiculous! So I asked for another phone, by this time hesitant to get another refurb but gave it a try anyways. Now I am on my 3rd phone (2nd replacement). This phone's earpeice is blown. So when I am on the phone it crackles every time someone on the other end is talking. They want to send me another refurb. I again am hesitant and have yet to ok the ordering process. Any one have any ideas as a resolution to the problem. I already paid $200 for this phone I don't want to pay more money for another phone! It's an issue! Thanks!

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Since you're on your 3rd D2 I would just put up a fight until they give you a brand new one. I think you have a very good argument for one. If the tech guy won't do it then ask to speak to the manager. Explain to them how much money you spent and you deserve a phone that actually works properly. Raise hell... Who knows you might even wind up with a brand new Droid 2 Global but worst case another retry on a refurb.

Keep us posted...

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Since you're on your 3rd D2 I would just put up a fight until they give you a brand new one. I think you have a very good argument for one. If the tech guy won't do it then ask to speak to the manager. Explain to them how much money you spent and you deserve a phone that actually works properly. Raise hell... Who knows you might even wind up with a brand new Droid 2 Global but worst case another retry on a refurb.

Keep us posted...

Thanks! I am going to try and raise Cane in the Verizon store tonight and see how that does and then maybe call Verizon CS if that doesnt work. Will keep in the loop!

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Update****

So went into the store complained and put on the waterworks. (actually not intentional but it worked) I am waiting on a Droid X. Downside to this is its still a refurb but after 3 droid 2's i figured it was worth a shot to change phones and see what happens! Crossing my fingers.

thomashedd1

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Update****

So went into the store complained and put on the waterworks. (actually not intentional but it worked) I am waiting on a Droid X. Downside to this is its still a refurb but after 3 droid 2's i figured it was worth a shot to change phones and see what happens! Crossing my fingers.

If that doesnt work then talk to them again(preferably a manager) and have them give you a new one from the back, when ever they send them in they are all refurbed or like new.

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
How long did you have each of the phones? With the first phone and the sleep mode thing, did it happen all the time everytime you woke it up or just sometimes and would it wake up after about thirty seconds after you pushed the button???

darrylmendo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Update****

NICE!!!!! Let me know what you think of the DX refurb. When I got the D2 I was debating on the DX but ultimately chose the D2. I love having the keyboard but having a bigger screen and such a thin phone is pretty damn awesome too!

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I FINALLY got a refurb that works. Original phone's earphone jack went out, #1 refurb keyboard very loose and wobbly, #2 camera wouldn't focus. #3 seems to be okay, although I will admit it has taken a little bit of the pleasure away from my new phone, and a little bit more irked at paying Big Red $230 every month to get someone else's reject after the original broke through no fault of my own. Sigh. But, it is a nice phone and I'm hoping that it will last until my next upgrade date. I was never offered an upgrade through all this. They did offer to let me buy an upgrade at the full price; yeah, that would have made sense. Good luck with your new(ish) phone and I hope it meets all of your expectations; it looks like a sweet phone.

ultizor

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I am going through the exact same situation with my "certified like new" droid 2! I reboots every couple of min. for no reason. I can't pinpoint what is happening with it :( Verizon is sending me a new one right now, but I am not very hopeful. After receiving 5 defective original moto droids I complained to a manager at Verizon and he bumped me up to the Droid 2. This has been the worst experience.

pspen40

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Refurb # 4 for me.

I came here in hopes that someone would know what is happening with this Droid2 phone. All I have done for the last 9 months is spend time and fuel to drive to Verizon store take back bad Droid phones. I Can't believe there isn't more going back if three in a row have failed me? I just recieved #4 and I hope to get some use out of it, however my confidence is at a low point now. Any ideas on options if this nightmare continues towards #5 , or do I have to serve up the $250. price tag between a couple of hot dog buns never to own another Motorola product in my life?

nikroft

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on #5 today. I had to master reset it to get it to program and it has power cycled 5 times that I have noticed. Twice before I made any changes to it besides programming. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts