Droid Bionic multiple contacts

heavyfd

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
got the bionic today...the phone is amazing for what i use it for...but im having a problem with the contacts list. i have multiple contacts of the same name and the second one has the persons old phone numbers. also, numbers showed up on there that i had deleted over a year ago. when i go thru and try to delete them, after about two minutes, most of them reappear. i dont think its a syncing problem, because some of the numbers are numbers to the different fire stations around town, that i obviously dont have saved in facebook, gmail, or yahoo. ive tried unchecking all of the boxes that sync from those accounts and restarted but they are still there. i dont know if this is something they screwd up when tranferring the data from one phone to the other at the store earlier and i need to take it back to them...or if this is an easy fix. anyone have any ideas?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you could try merging the multiples and cleaning up the old numbers. I would assume once they are merged new multiples wouldn't show up. But, it might be worth trying with one or two contacts as a test. If it works, you can do them all. If it doesn't, we hope someone else has some ideas. But, it couldn't hurt to try while waiting.

silberrn

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you get this fixed? Mine is doing the same thing - it is fixated on my mother - it will create in excess of 20 entries for "mom". Last night I deleated all of them, and this morning they are all back. I am really frusturated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024