Droid HD no 4G?

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else notice how slim the Droid HD was compared to the upcoming Bionic? The first thing I thought of when seeing it was there's no 4G modem in there. Now, Android Police is saying the same thing:

Still, despite the apparent lack of confirmation on 4G, the HD is obviously no slouch, and is clearly aimed at fighting the next iPhone and Galaxy S II on the thinness and performance front, seemingly foregoing Verizon's bulky 4G LTE radio to maintain its figure. There's no information as to when we can expect this phone to be released, but you can color us interested - very interested.

Would Moto even think of releasing this phone on Verizon without 4G? Sorry, but as a Thunderbolt owner who's not giving up his 4G network it's a non starter. I won't consider another phone unless it's LTE enabled.

The other possibility is that the 4G modem has been integrated into the SoC and the Droid HD is the FIRST second gen 4G device. If that's the case, I'm in!

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought in the photos you could see the similar card that said LTE with the Verizon logo. They would be a fool right now, not to include it though.

heartagram616

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
In the pics it shows the side compartment with sim and SD slots so it is either lte or GSM and the Droid name suggests Verizon unless Motorola decided to also license Droid from George Lucas to use on any of their devices

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerinsg99