Droid Incredible owner frustrated

livinthedream68

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello to all, I am a DINC owner and frustrated about the new OS OTA update. Before Big Red F_cks up my device I want to know if I can get the flash/root for my phone to the latest gingerbread, sense 3.0 that is available as of today. Remembering that I have never done this before and the whole idea of messing with the device kinda freaks me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure someone has developed the manually ugrade your phone for idiots step by step by now. thanks

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Hello to all, I am a DINC owner and frustrated about the new OS OTA update. Before Big Red F_cks up my device I want to know if I can get the flash/root for my phone to the latest gingerbread, sense 3.0 that is available as of today. Remembering that I have never done this before and the whole idea of messing with the device kinda freaks me out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure someone has developed the manually ugrade your phone for idiots step by step by now. thanks

so you did run the OTA? because I think if you did you are going to have to wait for a new root method. now if you didnt and want the lateset and greatest sense i dont even think the rooted OTA for incredible will have the newest sense, so that means you have to find a rom that has been ported form another device with sense 3.0. check here...List of ROM's for the Incredible - xda-developers this helps. And yeah kinda sucks waiting for ota that might not be as great as we hope.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

If you are still on Froyo, you can root your device by following the instructions listed here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...w-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible.html

If you accepted the Gingerbread OTA, then ricbon is correct, you will have to wait for Unrevoked or another dev team cracks root and publishes a guide.

Assuming you are still on Froyo and you successfully root your phone then you can find links to many great ROM here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/66276-roms-mods-hq2.html

For Sense 3 ROM's look specifically in this post:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/66276-roms-mods-hq2.html#post691605
under ROM's ported from other phones.

Nils' Business Gingersense has been getting very favorable reviews from people here. I can also recommend it.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GodofFire