Droid Maxx won't reconnect to home network when I return to the house

Jamie218

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Back to not connecting to wifi again. I figured it out to be Bluetooth related. I have a Bluetooth that I use while working and it is the only thing I have. I turn Bluetooth off in settings and the wifi connects seamlessly.

Skydaver

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Back to not connecting to wifi again. I figured it out to be Bluetooth related. I have a Bluetooth that I use while working and it is the only thing I have. I turn Bluetooth off in settings and the wifi connects seamlessly.

That kind of makes sense with my experience with FitBit. FitBit uses Bluetooth (low power) to communicate with the device.

When you turn off Bluetooth, does the WiFi connect right away, or do you have to reboot?

Jamie218

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I turn off the Bluetooth in the settings menu and then go back to wifi menu and every available wifi in range shows up. Before, wifi in range would disappear from the list as if I am not around routers. But I need to use this Bluetooth as I am in a noisy environment when at work to know when I receive a call. I can excuse myself from the noise when a call comes in. I do construction / remodel jobs on homes. I get calls from the owner of the company all day long because I am the job supervisor. I can't wait til my upgrade is available in 2 months

Nec3f

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Just for a data point, I don't have Gas Buddy on my phone. My wifi issues are similar, but not exactly the same. My phone will only connect to some wifi's and the other it can see but won't connect too.
Acts exactly the same in safe mode as well.

I know it's a longshot, but I'm hoping Lollipop fixes it.

I just had the strangest 'issue'. I've mentioned in the past that my Maxx won't connect to my WAP (that I bought just for it, for some dead spots in my house). Like others have said, from time to time it'll see it, but won't connect, even if I try, it'll disappear from the list.
Anyways, just a few days ago it started connecting to it on it's own, I didn't do anything, I just noticed it was connected to it. It won't always do it and when it is connected it doesn't always stay connected, but it just happened out of nowhere.
I suppose that's promising and it is nice that I now don't have to turn off wifi in the dead spots (since I basically had no connection as it would attempt to connect to wifi in the dead spots).

But I'm still hoping Lollipop fixes the issue once and for all.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
When you turn off Bluetooth, does the WiFi connect right away, or do you have to reboot?

I was having a problem with WiFi and turned off Bluetooth and WiFi started working immediately - no need to reboot.

I rarely use WiFi because I have UDP but I had to connect to WiFi to update the Microsoft's Office Apps.

Thanks to this thread I found the answer to my problem. :)

Posted via Android Central App

Kenny PETSKA

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, I have been experiencing the same issue and talk about frustrating. I am not sure (obviously) that we all share a common cause for this headache but I wanted to share what solved my issue in hopes it helps even one other poor soul before they introduce there phone to the wall. After following this thread and the many hopeful solutions I recalled someone mentioning they thought it could be associated with Motorola Assist. I went into the app section of my Droid Maxx through the settings and went into Assist and the moment I pressed the Clear Cache button my wifi reconnected and has continued to fun flawlessly. Hope this helps

Kenny PETSKA

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
*UPDATE* It appears that I have counted my chickens before they hatched and I'm back to the drawing board. My phone stayed connected for about twenty minutes and now back to how it was.

shaheer18ahmed

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
Jamie, as a temporary measure, reboot your phone when you get home, and when you get to work. If you have the same problem I have, you'll immediately and seamlessly reconnect to the networks. Also, reboot in Safe Mode, and walk away until you drop your connection, walk another 10 yards, then return. I suspect that you'll immediately reconnect when you get in the house.

Then, try using the chat function at Verizonwireless.com, and explain what's going on. Tell them you want a replacement SIM card.

i dont think that changing a sim card will solve this issue because i am also facing this issue since a month and came to a result that there is a wifi chip problem in the circuit board of the mobile which will can only be solved by changing the wifi chip or changing the board!