droid processor

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
why is the droid so much faster than the eris? I think the droid has 550 and the eris has 528. Does the armcortex make the difference.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yes, the A8 processor is much faster than the ARM11 in the other android phones.

it's like comparing a pentium 4 CPU to a new Core i7. or if you use a mac, comparing an old powerPC mac to a newer intel mac.

the CPU in the droid can just do so much more per cycle (Hertz) that just comparing the the frequencies is not an accurate picture.

someone had a really good layperson analogy but i can't remember it right now

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
thanks, so how much faster will it be to the eris? i love the sense ui, but it looks like you might get more life out of the droid.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
thanks, so how much faster will it be to the eris? i love the sense ui, but it looks like you might get more life out of the droid.

I agree. I love the way the Sense UI looks too but I think, and I emphasize think, the Droid will function better with the physical keyboard and higher specs.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
it should be at least 3 times faster from what people have stated, because even the 800mhz processor in the upcoming samsung phone is not nearly as fast as the A8 @550.

also, the chipset has a seperate GPU which should handle all the rendering, freeing up the CPU cycles for even more other processing.

people have said it would be close to if not on par with the 1Ghz Snapdragon chips, but we'll see once one of those get out into the real world