Droid RAZR maxx hold off phone but may keep

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have a DROID RAZR Maxx and was gonna upgrade to the s3 but thinking about keeping it. I just picked it up today to hold me over until its released in store but I'm really liking it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I had the option of getting the Maxx or pre-ordering the S3. I don't really have a definitive answer as to why I chose the Maxx, but I can tell you this much; I don't regret it one bit. The Maxx is a great phone and I don't see myself replacing it any time soon.

Reactions: buford07

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm hearing the S3 is going to be a good one but the only thing I want to get is the Razr Maxx HD. I'm guessing that I won't be able to do that without loosing my unlimited data though. So I'll be stuck with this awesome Maxx. Oh darn:)

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

cgrass79

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully getting my Maxx on Friday or Saturday... Coming from a droid x I can't wait

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So no one here is interested in the galaxy s3 I really like the Maxx as well I had just purchased it in the beginning to wait until the s3 came out tomorrow or whenever if it got pushed back again but to me it seems comparable to the s3 with ics

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I just switched to Verizon and knowing the S3 was coming out I still chose the Maxx. Battery life alone had me sold. Once I felt it in my hands and upgraded to ICS I was more then happy with it. Just gotta root it so I can remove all the unwanted apps.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
My buying the next great phone days are over since the share everything became a reality. I sure would like that GSIII screen on my Maxx though.
Small edit. I might be a liar when the Maxx HD comes out. I might pay full retail after selling my Maxx. But I will not loose my unlimited data for any phone!

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
What is it that the Max HD is gonna have and when is it supposed to come out from the looks of the leaked pic I saw idk if I like the full Kevlar back

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
What is it that the Max HD is gonna have and when is it supposed to come out from the looks of the leaked pic I saw idk if I like the full Kevlar back

I believe it's pretty much the same phone with a larger screen.

Rodzp

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted the S3 I had an upgrade coming up in Aug and I called Verizon June 5 and got them to approve the the early upgrade. This was before Verizon released the new data share plan.

Well I called back on the 7th trying to preorder the S3, and found out I could not do a pre-order with an early upgrade exception, so I figured I would wait. Well then they announced the data share plan, so I waited until I was sure they were going to release it after the 28th.

I did not want to loose our unlimited data so I ended up ordering a Nexus on the 14th (I think) which was defective out of the box and took to the store and walked out with the Maxx. I thought about not activating it and selling it then paying full retail for the S3. Well I read some on the MAXX and thought it would fit my needs and the rest is history.

Now that I have the MAXX and have used it I love it. I could care less about the S3 the MAXX fits everything I want it to do. I do not plan to get a new phone for a LONG time.

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I do really love the phone the keyboard is great its built like a DROID and the s3 is built like all other Samsung products so yeah. But the only thing is will I be future proof. I really like jellybean I had rooted it on my friends nexus and it was awesome. I know the s3 is gonna get it at the end of the year. Also I don't care about the shared data at this point so I'm just trying to figure out my best options before my 14 days.

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

The Maxx HD supposedly has a 720x1280 HD 4.5" screen. 1.5ghz s4. 13 MP rear camera. 2 MP backlit front camera. NFC. Corning gorilla glass 2.

To me it is a bit different than our Maxx. Better yet no comparison other than Kevlar and 3300 mah battery.
I do agree the full Kevlar back doesn't look right.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So no one here is interested in the galaxy s3 I really like the Maxx as well I had just purchased it in the beginning to wait until the s3 came out tomorrow or whenever if it got pushed back again but to me it seems comparable to the s3 with ics

I'm debating selling my maxx and buying the GS3 but moto has got a few things over sammy no matter what features samsung offers moto has a better build quality, better radios and with the maxx battery life is no longer an issue. I'm going to wait it out a bit longer and hold on to my maxx for at least the next month or so. I want to see how the battery life and signal strength are on the GS3 over time because I grabbed the nexus after reading so many positive reviews and the phone was just a nightmare unless you root but that still doesn't solve the radio issues. I'm also waiting on the Razr hd and Samsung is announcing the specs on the Galaxy note 2 in august so there will be more choices in a couple of months.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I wanted the S3, but wanted to wait until I read some of the forums to get a feel if people like it or not. I'm sticking with my Maxx. The determining factor for me was someone reported trying to create a folder by dragging one icon into another. That's stock ICS functionality. TouchWiz doesn't do it that way. You have to create the folder, then drag icons into it.

Even the iPhone creates folders like ICS does. The more customization Samsung does to their phones, the longer they will take to get updates. The Razr is pretty close to stock ICS.

dj hidroid

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I wanted the S3, but wanted to wait until I read some of the forums to get a feel if people like it or not. I'm sticking with my Maxx. The determining factor for me was someone reported trying to create a folder by dragging one icon into another. That's stock ICS functionality. TouchWiz doesn't do it that way. You have to create the folder, then drag icons into it.

Even the iPhone creates folders like ICS does. The more customization Samsung does to their phones, the longer they will take to get updates. The Razr is pretty close to stock ICS.

Amen to that. It was hard to say goodbye to the stock ics experience i had with the Gnex but moto's ics is the closest you are going to get. Aaron from phone dog just did a dogfight with the htc incredible 4g vs the razr maxx and he said if you want stock ics without owning a nexus moto is the way to go and I couldn't have said it any better. The gnex has a bigger nicer display but you can really see issues with pentile on the gnex and the maxx may have a lower resolution but I haven't had the banding and burnt images that were so present on the Gnex. The camera quality on the maxx blows the Gnex's shooter out of the water too.

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the input I'm gonna stick with the power of DROID for now the battery life and build quality are what got me. Pluse I have 30 days since I bought it from Verizon so I nay be able to sneak in the DROID RAZR HD which would be awesome. Thanks everyone for the help you all were great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick