Droid X Shipping on August 23!

thepolishguy

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ordered the 16th. Supposed to ship tomorrow. Didn't here anything from Verizon so finally just called them. They had a tracking number and the phone is in transit and supposed a be here tomorrow (I am hoping for today).

I live in SoCal (high desert actually).

steveo#AC

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Mine says

Aug 30, 2010 8:14 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Should I expect to get it today, or is it going to spend the night in the truck to meet the 8/31 est. arrival date?:confused:

I keep refreshing the tracking page in hopes of it saying "DELIVERED!!!" at which point, I'd run out of my office screaming and drive home. :)

EDIT: 1:45 PM - DELIVERED!!!

I wanna run out now and scream but... I'm on probation at work.... 75 minutes!!!!!

Last edited:

wilsoni91

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I am really PO'd today. My phone was supposed to me shipped today. I waited all day for my email but never got it. I called Verizon to find out what the deal was and they told me that it had not been shipped. I told the lady that my phone was supposed to be shipped today and all she could say was sorry and it would be shipped out as soon as possible. So what am I supposed to do now?

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Mine says

Aug 30, 2010 8:14 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery

Should I expect to get it today, or is it going to spend the night in the truck to meet the 8/31 est. arrival date?:confused:

I keep refreshing the tracking page in hopes of it saying "DELIVERED!!!" at which point, I'd run out of my office screaming and drive home. :)

EDIT: 1:45 PM - DELIVERED!!!

I wanna run out now and scream but... I'm on probation at work.... 75 minutes!!!!!

Are you on probation for not doing anything at work but sitting around pushing the refresh button? ;)

SPDougie

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone was "in transit" Friday Aug 27th from Ontario, CA and after just after looking a minute ago it still seems to be the case according to the Fed Ex website. Considering I am only about a 6 hour drive to Ontario this is perplexing to me...you'd think it'd at least have made it to the facility in Phoenix (I'm in Chandler, AZ) so it'd be ready to ship out tomorrow.

Then again I guess it could be FedEx being too lazy to update the status. Either way it is pretty ridiculous because it could have been easily been delivered here today (which has happened with UPS many times, getting it day one on two day shipping). How badly I want this phone right now is just making matters worse ha.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
my phone sat in a facility 3hrs away from me, from saturday at 1:31pm until today at 6:42pm .....................grrrrrrrrr

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
my phone sat in a facility 3hrs away from me, from saturday at 1:31pm until today at 6:42pm .....................grrrrrrrrr

yeah, mine's missing somewhere between memphis and central florida. fedex is about as bad as verizon for not giving information. i called the verizon office today that was listed on the email i got after the shipping notification. the lady sounded like she was in a cave and she knew nothing. why do they offer to have you call when they don't know anything?!

ophelan

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah, mine's missing somewhere between memphis and central florida. fedex is about as bad as verizon for not giving information. i called the verizon office today that was listed on the email i got after the shipping notification. the lady sounded like she was in a cave and she knew nothing. why do they offer to have you call when they don't know anything?!

Your package is actually probably still sitting in Memphis. They run flights out from there to local destinations overnight, after inbound flights from those destinations drop packages and they complete sorting.

mbartolo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my shipping email this afternoon. Checked Fed Ex a little bit ago and the phone left Ontario, CA at 2pm

Ordered 8/22
Shipping Notice 8/30
ETA 9/1

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

You should see a scan indicating when it arrives at a location and then one indicating it has departed. The in-between is how long it sat there. Once on a delivery truck it will say "out for delivery". I have never had Fed-Ex deliver other than their estimated date.

I will say that the "overnight shipping" promise is bunk if you guys are getting them in two days from the time that FedEx picks it up. Fedex gets notified of shipment but it's not "shipped" until it is picked up. If that is two days from delivery - Verizon lied.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid