Dropped call? Maybe not what you think...

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads-up for those who are dealing with "dead air" upon answering or trying to make a call:

If you are in range of a paired (and powered on) Bluetooth device which you have given "Phone Audio" permission, you might think your Pixel has dropped your call when, in fact, it is diverting the audio functions to your Bluetooth headset/car/whatever.

I have had this happen at times when I removed my Bluetooth earbuds and forgotten to turn them off; sitting on the kitchen counter, they impact my ability to make calls from a good part of my house due to the extended range of today's Bluetooth technology.

The next time you encounter a "dead air" call, try dragging down the notification bar and turning Bluetooth off.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I did something similar recently. I started the car to defrost it. I came back in and received an important phone call, but I couldn't hear anything. I tried calling back, same thing. Then I realized the call was going through the car.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I did something similar recently. I started the car to defrost it. I came back in and received an important phone call, but I couldn't hear anything. I tried calling back, same thing. Then I realized the call was going through the car.

Exactly!

I see this other thread about dropped calls approaching 400 posts and I can't help but wonder how many are, in reality, simply "misdirected" calls.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't have any blue tooth devices and blue tooth is disabled in mine. I get fewer dropped calls than some, so I hope this applies to a lot of people cause it would help a lot of people. Good post.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I once got everyone very confused while giving a big presentation on the, when the babysitter started the car in the driveway.... 10 feet away from me on the other side of the wall. Suddenly I heard nothing and everyone on the call heard two kids belting Frozen tunes :)