dTor v1.0RC1 Available now on Android Central!

larry313#AC

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a Evo and it loaded and launched and I tried downloading some torrents and a few just said error at the bottom but some started but none would remove and it would sometimes close on its own and stop the downloads...I know they said there are issues with the evo but i want this app to work so bad it aint funny

bananaslug613

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an unrooted Droid 1. I installed the application and the search worked quite well. I found a file I needed backed up but the download switches between error and waiting. I closed the application and didn't think anything of it until I went to take a picture. I have it set to save to my sd card. Well, when the camera application opened, it told me the sd card was full. It isn't. I played around for awhile but the only thing that fixed it was uninstalling the application and its download folder which had nothing in it. I was excited to use it, and will definitely check it out when the kinks get ironed out. I loved the UI and it has potential. I am unsure if it is possible, but it would be great if there was an option to download over wifi only. All in all, great work. Keep it up!

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Larry313: We are going to fix the Evo issue, that you can be sure of.

Bananas: Wow.. Thats a new one. And that is the reason why I love this business, you never know what someone is gonna do with the software. Ok, we will look at that issue, it should not behave like that.

All in all, not a bad first day. Except for the Evo insanity, it looks like 91.3% of installed users are not having any major issues. I don't think that is a bad start. But for me that is not good enough, not even close. The rest of you are on my radar and we are working to resolve the issues and release a new version to correct them.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
We did what we could to ensure that user data was secure. However, we could not encrypt the torrent itself or the protocol because of the nature of the network. As a result, some carriers (i.e. Sprint!), like to Block the torrent protocol in certain areas, and only in very specific locations. We are seeing this on some other carriers but very very limited.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok Everyone,

As I noted on the main post, we are addressing all the issues in dTor today, the EVO insanity and the few Incredible issues, as well as the various other bugs and will be releasing a major update later today. I will probably release this as RC2, just to be safe and if all goes well, we will call it V1.0. I am confident that all will be addressed.

One other thing, carriers, especially Sprint, like to block Torrent on certain locations in their network. It is not on the entire network. If you download and use a program called 3GTEST, it can tell you if Torrent is blocked or not. If it is, you can go into settings, and try to change the port that the application is downloading on. Also you can try to use the program in a different physical location, sometimes it is only a certain cell area that is blocked.

Thanks,

Blue Planet Apps

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
For the record, and to whomever might read this. I have a team of programmers working on this app and a few others. We will address the issues that the Evo people are having and even the few other bugs that are out there and you can all be assured an update will be available soon, real soon.... and they will keep coming until... well until I get bored of making updates :)

Happy Androiding Days

Jason

Awesome work, Jason.

mr coolguy face

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I wanted this app to take off but you guys do not support your product.

I have tried HUNDREDS of times to get it to work, installed and uninstalled and reinstalled NUMEROUS times as well as doing soft resets NUMEROUS times.

The app has never, ever, ever opened and you stopped responding to my emails. Thats terrible support for someone who beta tested for you.

speaking from personal experience. . . I forwarded any issues I had to the developers. I was extremely surprised and impressed at how quick I received a response, (within minutes of sending original e-mail) and at the support and willingness to help that the developers displayed while collecting info, and giving assistance. Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining. . . LOL slthree has more issues than the developers of this app can assist with lol. . .

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
We try. I know what its like to have issues with apps. We'll fix it and make it the best torrent app out there. Lots of future options coming too, like being able to send a large torrent to your uTorrent running elsewhere instead of your phone, so it will eventually be a complete package.

theoverdrive

Banned
May 21, 2010
Visit site
I am also experiencing the problem where the app kicks me back to the homescreen after 2-3 minutes of activity. I have to restart the app to resume a torrent.

Droid Incredible.

crhoneh

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Stops half way

Ok i have an Evo I saw the update that it was fixed tried to download a torrent and the same thing still happened. Half way through it just exits and goes back to the home screen on anything i try to download. Was there suppose to be an update from the market or was it just fixed internally bc i have not seen an a new version to install. Thank You

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Any way of adding trackers to the torrents? Or will this be added at a later date? :)

So far so good, though! I had one FC when I did Open with > dTor after downloading a torrent, but other than that it's fine.

BluePLanetMan

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, we had a bunch of built in search providers, and a custom search entry system, but pulled it as the entry system was not working properly. As a developer, when we test the code, we are not seeing the errors our Evo, Incredible and some others are seeing. It really seems to be platform, OS specific, and with all the fragmentation, customization, custom roms, and let us not forget any other software people might be running, it makes debugging the source of the problem harder. I suppose we could eventually get a phone on every platform and run every mod/rom lol. Oh well. We are working on the issues and thats why it is an RC2 release, I knew this would be harder than I thought.

The next release will be tested even more before releasing and I might release only to a select few on Android Central to see what results they get before engaging the general public.

Thanks,

Jason
Blue Planet Apps